TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 4Runner which has the typical rearend sag. Does anyone know what the difference in height would be between the front and rear lifts to balance it out? I am looking at susp. lifts but need to know how much more rear I need to balance it out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
tech96 said:
I have a 95 4Runner which has the typical rearend sag. Does anyone know what the difference in height would be between the front and rear lifts to balance it out? I am looking at susp. lifts but need to know how much more rear I need to balance it out.
Most second gen 4Runner owners use some Downey rear HD coils and then crank up the torsion bars. I know that does not answer you question on exactly how much lift you would need, however, that is really hard to answer. Are you just trying to level it out, or are you looking to lift the vehicle additionally?

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
xtremeoff-road said:
Most second gen 4Runner owners use some Downey rear HD coils and then crank up the torsion bars. I know that does not answer you question on exactly how much lift you would need, however, that is really hard to answer. Are you just trying to level it out, or are you looking to lift the vehicle additionally?

I plan on lifting the whole truck. I have found a Pro Comp 4" front lift and can use fj-80 springs for 5.5" rear lift and was wondering if that would balance it or will the rearend sit to high.

·
Registered
6 Posts
save your money

Hi-
Downey HDs will give you plenty. You may want to crank the Tbars a bit to level out the front.

I have HDs w/ (aftermarket) Tbars cranked a bit. It works well for me and w/ 1 inch body lift I fit 33s pretty cleanly.

Next step for me is to get the cruiser coils and BJ spacers. But, when I do that I'll have to regear for 35s.

Don't ask me too much about install. I buoght it this way. I do know though, If you go much more than Downey HDs and a slight tbar crank you'll probably want some manual locking hubs (I've done that install).

wynn

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
rear coils

tech96 said:

I think the rear is like 2" lower. If that helps?

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wynn said:
Hi-
Downey HDs will give you plenty. You may want to crank the Tbars a bit to level out the front.

I have HDs w/ (aftermarket) Tbars cranked a bit. It works well for me and w/ 1 inch body lift I fit 33s pretty cleanly.

Next step for me is to get the cruiser coils and BJ spacers. But, when I do that I'll have to regear for 35s.

Don't ask me too much about install. I buoght it this way. I do know though, If you go much more than Downey HDs and a slight tbar crank you'll probably want some manual locking hubs (I've done that install).

wynn
I am picking up my manual hubs tommorow and ordering my 3" RB B/L this weekend.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
tech96 said:
Bill- give me a holler tomorrow, I can help. We just did Phil's 4Runner- same deal. OME rear springs, OME shocks all around, heavy duty TB's & BJ spacers. Barb can get the OME cheap, I have the SDORI spacers at work, I think Phil has someone at Downey for the TB's.

We did it all in a few hours at the shop.

When is your body lift coming? We're doing a monster garage at my house on the 22nd, three body lifts. With your help we can do 4!

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
valkyrie said:
Bill- give me a holler tomorrow, I can help. We just did Phil's 4Runner- same deal. OME rear springs, OME shocks all around, heavy duty TB's & BJ spacers. Barb can get the OME cheap, I have the SDORI spacers at work, I think Phil has someone at Downey for the TB's.

When is your body lift coming? We're doing a monster garage at my house on the 22nd, three body lifts. With your help we can do 4!
I plan on being there on the 22nd unless I have to go out of town for work. I am ordering my B/L Friday and swinging by to pick up my manual hubs from Brian after work Friday. I have a torn cv boot on the pass. side that I already got new boots for but I am thinking about changing the whole half shaft instead. I want to do my hubs at the same time.

Bill

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
tech96 said:
I plan on being there on the 22nd unless I have to go out of town for work. I am ordering my B/L Friday and swinging by to pick up my manual hubs from Brian after work Friday. I have a torn cv boot on the pass. side that I already got new boots for but I am thinking about changing the whole half shaft instead. I want to do my hubs at the same time.

Bill
Cool. Give Brian a couple hours to get the shafts delivered if you decide to. The hubs are cake- I wish Taco's were like that!

You gonna be at Pappas next Thursday?

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
valkyrie said:
Cool. Give Brian a couple hours to get the shafts delivered if you decide to. The hubs are cake- I wish Taco's were like that!

You gonna be at Pappas next Thursday?
I plan to be. I was supposed to leave for Ca. Mon to work but it has been put off for now. If I am in town I will be there, I need to know what time. Also how long does it take to get my little colored truck?

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
tech96 said:
I plan to be. I was supposed to leave for Ca. Mon to work but it has been put off for now. If I am in town I will be there, I need to know what time. Also how long does it take to get my little colored truck?
I dunno, it's a manual tag I think. Mine came w/in an hour or so I guess. Ask Shannon, Bob or Chris Gray if it isn't there by 9AM...

·
Registered
38 Posts
valkyrie said:

Chris,

Will I need coil spring compressors to install 2" lift coils in the rear? This is going in a '94 runner. Thanks

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
eep said:
Chris,

Will I need coil spring compressors to install 2" lift coils in the rear? This is going in a '94 runner. Thanks
Because 1. I had access to a lift and 2. I didn't have one I can tell you that you don't NEED one to get them in. that being said, I will never attempt it agian without one! Go get it... :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
7 Participants
hunter4runner
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing