TTORA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello TTora members,
I just recently picked up a 95 taco lx v6 4wd with 31x10.50 stock tires and intersted in getting a lift. After doing some research, i think i am heading towards a 3" revtek suspension lift kit (part # 425) & ES3000 rear shocks for nearly $500.00 (off ebay). This was the only place that had complete lift setup (minus tires- which bring to some questions)

The add says maximum RECOMMENDED WHEEL SIZE, 15X8 OR 16X8, MEDIUM OFF-SET. -would i be able to run the lift kit on my current stocks? (31x10.50)

Also, would suspension lifts be consider one of the best for smoothest rides & a little bit of off roading as well?

my main goals are to be able to drive my truck daily as a commuter, while at the same time be able to go off roading once in a while.

please note i am a super newb to trucks and hopeful to get some good feedback as well good criticism.

thanks,

mike

·
Registered
233 Posts
this will get you a good flaming until it gets put in the correct folder.. So the suspension or newbie section.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
search on here about spacer lifts, coilovers and body lifts... but I'll summarize what you'll find.

If you're looking for a smooth ride, a spacer lift is not the best choice.
Coilovers will be better.
Body lift is ok, but not the best choice.

Everyone here will tell you, wheel the truck stock, learn what it can do, and learn exactly what you want to use it for. Then determine what type of lift, tires, locker(s), other mods, ect.

You'll be wasting money buying a lift before you wheel the truck.

EDIT: East Bay? Where you from? (ie. which bay, haha. if you're in RI head over to www.toyotacrawlers.com and introduce yourself)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts