TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Tuned in!
Cant wait to see what u have in store...
Im just hoping its a true lt kit with 4x..meaning @18" strapped at least.
Too many mid travel 12-15" kits out already.

Seems like koh is really pushing everyone to start developing ifs rigs that can handle some hammertime!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tuned in!
Cant wait to see what u have in store...
Im just hoping its a true lt kit with 4x..meaning @18" strapped at least.
Too many mid travel 12-15" kits out already.

Seems like koh is really pushing everyone to start developing ifs rigs that can handle some hammertime!
18 is pretty unrealistic. my guess is 15-16. id be more interested to see the kit ditch the rack
Not quite that much travel. Getting those numbers is more of a custom kit because itll take custom axle shafts which will be around $800-1000 and with a 5" over kit I can most likely get around 17" travel (id have to check my comp to verify that if anyone is interested).This kit just uses off the shelf tundra cvs.

I did a quick cycle on the kit yesterday and it does pull 14" clean with only 1/4" of cv plunge and no bumpsteer. With a diff spacer 15" is very possible but cv plunge will be around 5/8-3/4". Stock cv allows 1 1/2" of plunge.

Teaser pics. I just welded up the uppers yesterday and im hoping to have at least one lower welded today...and then the cat will be out of the bag.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thats what im saying...there is not an Lt kit with custom axles- option on the market that I know of.
My 15.5" strapped engage kit was supposed to fill that void but I guess the axle development never happened.

And ya, might as well design around a fortin rack or other than stock.

These older trucks are cheap now so hopefully folks would/could step up to a nicer kit.

At any rate, your work is always gtg!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just curious as to how much your kits gonna cost once its finished and ready for production?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Subed, I'd be willing to test free of charge :D is it going to be able to retain 4wd or no?

Sent from my mobile Toyota base using Tapatalk

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Show me the custom kit! I'm slowly gathering parts to build one. I was going to aim for 15-16" but if you can do 17" id want to see that for sure
Without the inner fenders im thinking 17" travel with 5" ground clearance with 35s. Tire bulge will drop it lower so i wouldnt push the uptravel anymore. Bumpsteer isnt bad at all with what ive got. And still only .38" of axle plunge over the full travel and steering

Thats what im saying...there is not an Lt kit with custom axles- option on the market that I know of.
My 15.5" strapped engage kit was supposed to fill that void but I guess the axle development never happened.
If there is more interest id look into it because itd lower the cost of the axle shafts for everyone and itll get them made quicker wherever i end up getting them made. One part at a time takes 3-4months usually with any custom machined parts. Every one says two weeks....for a few months till the part gets made haha. A larger order would give them incentive to make them faster

And ya, might as well design around a fortin rack or something other than stock.
Ive got a taco coming in end of this month for a race kit and i should be building something for the steering rack.

Just curious as to how much your kits gonna cost once its finished and ready for production?
Ill have a price together not soon after the truck leaves

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lookin good, joc why the vertical uniball on the lca as opposed to horizantal?
Tons of reasons.

-The vertical uniball will last longer then a horizontal uniball because less dirt gets into the liner and so it wont wear out as quick

-the lower uniball is actually stronger vertically because most of the forces going through the lower uniball are vertical forces

-Lower uniball will be double sheared instead of single shear.

-now there is something to limit the steering so the cv doesnt over flex and you wont get gouging into the lower arm like the current bj setups

....maybe not a ton of reasons, but some good ones.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only one more day to go and i should have pics of the suspension together on the truck. Had to take half a day to build some parts for other customers ive been holding off, but i did get the other lower welded today. AND i just had a great idea for the engine crossover for these trucks. We'll see if it works out.

·
Registered
237 Posts
so is this customer using stock spindles with this kit? im curious to see how these are going to attach to them. also i wasnt sure is this kit going to be using tundra CV's or custom ones?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FINALLY some cycling pics!! (jeez about time) And looky looky NO bumpsteer! These arms have over an inch more ground clearance then the other kits on the market right now. The camburg kit in the shop hangs down almost 1.5" lower with the EXACT same tire!

No bumpsteer is due to the new heim steering setup with double shear tabs in the correct location. Cmon, how awesome is that?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts