TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First question is, is that standard on the 4Runners, or is it part of the alarm system that the P/O installed. It locks when in gear and unlocks when you shut the truck off.

Second question: if it is part of the factory package, is there a way to disable it? It's freekin annoying!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sounds like the stock alarm system function to me. that is the way ours does and it is OEM.
IDK how to disable though. If you find out post up, bc you're right...it is freakin' annoying!

·
Registered
785 Posts
if its the vip 3000 system, here is a link to the systems owners manual :http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamods/alarminfo/alarminfo.htm

the feature you want to change is under PROGRAMING AND ADJUSTMENTS

Automatic Door Locking / Unlocking Function:

The factory setting for the automatic door locking and unlocking function is on.

1: Sit in the drivers seat with the drivers door open.

2: Insert the key into the ignition switch and turn it to on (not acc) 5 times (on-lock, on-lock, on-lock, on-lock, on) within a 10 second period. The status monitors LED turns on, and the piezo chirper sounds once.
***You must perform the next steps within 30 seconds***
Select the operating mode:

Automatic door locking and unlocking on: Close the drivers door. Turn the ignition switch to the lock position. The piezo chirper sounds once, and the exterior lights flash once.

Automatic door locking and unlocking off: Close the drivers door once, then open and close it one more time. Turn the ignition switch to the lock position. The piezo chirper sounds twice, and the exterior lights flash twice.

If you do not turn the ignition key to lock, or exceed 30 seconds during the programming steps, the status monitor's LED will turn off and the previous operation mode will remain.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You put your right foot in you put your right foot out and you shake it all about...... LOL

That's hilarious! This thing has an aftermarket system in it, but thats a good idea. I'll see if I can find the model # for it, look it up and see if I can change the programing. I hate that auto lock...:mad:

Thanks for the replies guys!

·
Registered
785 Posts
You put your right foot in you put your right foot out and you shake it all about...... LOL

That's hilarious! This thing has an aftermarket system in it, but thats a good idea. I'll see if I can find the model # for it, look it up and see if I can change the programing. I hate that auto lock...:mad:

Thanks for the replies guys!
If you can find the brain of the alarm, it should have the model number right on it, or depending on brand most vipers program the same so you may get lucky. let me know if you find out the make and model and most likely i will be able to help you.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you can find the brain of the alarm, it should have the model number right on it, or depending on brand most vipers program the same so you may get lucky. let me know if you find out the make and model and most likely i will be able to help you.
Thanks, ill look next week. Haven't had time to mess with it this week, had a new baby Sunday! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts