TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have been trying to decide what im gonna go with whether it be d60 or all toyota and reclock the transfer case. then i came up with an idea that i havent really seen.
Can i buy say a diamond housing and get them to make the diff on the correct side and still use the toyota stock dimension axles? seems easy enough.
If not i assume longfield could make a set for $$$$

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so. . . good idea? or be better to go alternate route?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Also All-Pro makes an SAS kit that is linked with CO's and a Hybrid Toyota/D60 with left hand drop. You can buy just the axle or the links or whole kit. The Axle if I remember correctly uses the toyota 8" 3rd member and outers are F450 Knuckles and u-joints. Something similar.

·
Registered
615 Posts
You can have diamond build the housing with the 3rd member on the left side but if you are doing it to use the stock toyota axles they are only 55" wide and your rear axle is over 60". You would need 3" wheel spacers on each side.

The common swap axle for this is a Jeep Wagoneer Dana 44 because the width and drop is already correct. If you want to keep it Toyota Have diamond build the housing for FJ80 landcruiser birfields and axles. They are longer and stronger than the pickup stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts