TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got a Dailey driver so I want to update the Ole Tacoma. I've been doing a ton of reading on here to decide what tires and wheels I want. Since I can't try them on first I need to get this right.
I've had the 33.1250r15's since I got the truck at age 16, so I'm ready for a change. I'm tired of the balloon look. I think the Hellcats are 15x10, not sure of the BS.

The truck had a body lift when I got it and rubbed at fill turn so I installed a 2.5" spacer lift. It does not rub at all now, so Im pretty sure 285's will not rub on a 16x8.

I don't do any wheeling/climbing that requires me to air down. I don't want the tires sticking out so far. I'm staying with black; gloss or satin.

What I think I need:
16x8 wheels- versatility needed: I want to give 285/75r15's a try then maybe 255's down the road.

4-4.5" BS?

Will this achieve the look I want with no issues? Does anyone have any wheel recommendations? I don't want steelies.

Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've decided on pro comp 7069's and duratrac's.
I'm replacing front wheel bearings this weekend, then rear leaf springs (missing a few) along with the rear shocks.
Hopefully new shoes will be ordered after that. I'll post pics.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have one more question that would be great if ANYONE could answer....

Can anyone identify if my current wheels are 15x8 or 15x10 from the pics?

They've been on the truck since I've had it and I cannot figure it out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Switch made from 33-12.50r15x10 to 285-75-16x8

I finally got some tires to put on the wheels I've had sitting in boxes for a few months now. Before and after pics for comparison:

[/URL][/IMG]

after

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

When from shot stock suspension to 3'' OME, 33x12.50-15 to 285/75-16

1 - 6 of 6 Posts