TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if there is a common problem among these years ("3rd gen") 4runners and leaky sunroofs? We've had the thing thru 1.5 winters, and just now the sunroof (I think) is starting to leak. The headliner on the drivers side (parked at a slant towards that side) is wet and apparently drips on the seat. It's my wife's truck so I'm going by what she says. I did notice it starting to mold by the visor, and above the door area. I looked at the top of the roof and could find nothing obvious.I'd open it if I ever got home in the daylight when it wasn't raining...Do these have the drain tubes that like to clog like older cars w/sunroofs? I just find it wierd that it would do it now, after ten years, when nothing looks torn, or bad...:confused: Any help would be appreciated!!
Corey.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
My buddy's 93 LC and had problems with water "swishing around" in the roof/body. Turned out to be some leaves/dirt clogging the drain hole. Try checking the drain holes first. I'm not sure where they are located, but somebody'll probably chime in, or Toyota might be able to tell you.

-r

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'd also like to know where the drain holes are.

But in the meantime, I always use a little smear of clear silicone grease on the rubber seals and that often helps to prevent any leaks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Id be interested to know where those drain holes are too. I have a 96 with a pop up sunroof which I believe is stock. It also leaks onto the seat, more on passenger side and after a long heavy rain. I guess the longer the rain fall the more water builds up in the track and then leaks onto the seat once I take off from park. Sucks for my wife :)

Anyone can help us out? Where are the drain holes? I didnt see any either when I last looked.

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
JRunner01 said:
Id be interested to know where those drain holes are too. I have a 96 with a pop up sunroof which I believe is stock. It also leaks onto the seat, more on passenger side and after a long heavy rain. I guess the longer the rain fall the more water builds up in the track and then leaks onto the seat once I take off from park. Sucks for my wife :)

Anyone can help us out? Where are the drain holes? I didnt see any either when I last looked.

Thanks...
if they are anything like an 01 taco then there are 4 tubes on on each corner, start looking there.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I looked in the back two corners, I didnt see any holes in the track. Hard to see in the front two corners cause of the tilt of the sunroof in the way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My wife had a 2001 4Runner which also had a leak...after several trips to the dealer, they discovered it was one of the luggage rack seals...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts