TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do the 97 and 00 models have same bed and or shell size

Looking to get a new shell found great deal on one from a 97' x cab will it fit my 00?

thanks

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
how about asking them the length and width of it. at least that's what i would do. since that is the determining factor.....

·
Registered
984 Posts
According to the 1997 and 2000 factory spec sheets the XtraCab bed dimensions are identical between these two model years.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Yes The beds (As far as shell fitment) are Identical. The only thing you need to keep an eye on is weather or not it's for the Reg cab/Extra cab shells are a little different. The reg cab shells are a little shorter than the extra cab shells.

Steve

·
Registered
324 Posts
yes the cap should fit perfectly, i took the cap off my 93 reg cab and put it on my new 04 extra cab dimensions havent changed except height the xtra cabs bump up almost an inch , so my cap dosnt quite match up, i dont mind its better than spending another 1200 bucks on a cap

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have a regular cab shell on my x-cab. The only thing is that it sits out past the tailgate maybe an inch. the front of the shell has more of an angle so the top hits by the 3rd brake light. I don't really care though, it keeps the shit in my bed dry buring "snow season"

·
Registered
984 Posts
Deserttaco said:
Yes The beds (As far as shell fitment) are Identical. The only thing you need to keep an eye on is weather or not it's for the Reg cab/Extra cab shells are a little different. The reg cab shells are a little shorter than the extra cab shells.

Steve
Yep ... During the 1995.5 - 2004 generation there was a difference in the rear cab wall 'geometry'. Regular Cab rear walls are essentially vertical. XtraCab rear walls have a forward slant / angle to them.

Shell / canopy / topper manufacturers (who make allowance for this difference) build their shells with a slight 'forward rake' on the front wall of the cap to more closely match the 'rake' of the XtraCab rear wall, but a more simple straight-up front wall for Regular Cabs.

Bottom Line: If you can stand a gap between cab and shell, you can put a Regular Cab shell on an XtraCab. The reverse can be problematical. There are some XtraCab shells with enough 'forward rake' to actually touch / conflict with the Regular Cab rear wall.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
averkam said:
I have a shell off a 2000 X-cab for sale if you are interested.

I doubt it's as nice and as cheap as the one Im getting.
especially if you toss in shipping from where are you michigan........
.......I have a silver (not quite the same color as lunar mist) high rise shell that doesn't quite seal right in the front.........I want a cab level one.........the one Im getting is the factory match but it's gold.......it's got all the bells and whistles same as the one I have.......carpet sliders tint etc.. under $170.00 :D

hell I could resell it easy for 500........

THANK YOU EVERY ONE FOR THE GOOD RESPONSES

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have been wanting to know all of that for quite some time thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts