TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off I am in the parts gathering stage and am trying to put together everything. I want to use a FJ60-62 front axle with 1.5" spacers. I want to flip the housing c&t for my caster so I can use my stock case for now. I was thinking around 5-6 degrees caster with a 3-4" 1st gen spring and run 35-37's. What I was wondering today as I surfed Craigslist was: will a 3.0v6 auto trans bolt up to my 3.4 engine. and what electronics need to be modified to work with the 3.4 computer? If I can do this then I could run the driver drop tcase and not flip the FJ 60 housing. Don't guys do the 3.4 swap in the 2nd gens all the time? I can get a really cheap trans and tcase from a 3.0 v6 truck. Or would it be easier to swap in a 86-95 manual trans? Thanks for any help.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
What Scuba said.

You can also get away form wheel spacers by running IFS hubs isntead of the SA hubs. You can then also run FROR's braking kit ;)

·
Registered
801 Posts
What they both said.. save your self some time and pain and run it passenger drop with a geared T-case. Then for $90 get the FROR brake kit and just move your current rotors and calipers over and use the IFS hubs. You get good brakes and wont need to run spacers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah thanks, I forgot about the IFS hubs that was my intention awhile back and also using the stock calipers so everthing works with the master cylinder.
The adapter for the earlier tcase is pretty pricey to me I will already be cutting the knuckles for the caster change. Flipping it to the drivers side won't be that tough and I don't know anyone who has used a flipped fj60 axle yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts