TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about selling my 97 reg cab 4wd 5sp 2.7l Tacoma. I'm thinking of selling it for the down on a new FJ TRD. The truck has a Leer Shell(color matched to the truck), 3" Lift (dual spacers, spacer for top and spacer for sping top) AAL rears w/pro comp shocks, new BFG 32" ATs, teflon coated factory alloys, header, never wrecked or never painted, washed alot, and a lot of waxing. There are some small rock chips and small scratches on the paint but nothing that ever rusted or that needs painting. Just small s*&^T that happenes over time.

It has 210K on it but it still runs prefectly. The motor is just as quiet now as the day it was made. All gear lube is changed at 50k (mobile one rr,transcase, fr diff, normal oil changes at 3K. I have not done much to the truck because it just goes and goes. I rally love this truck and hate to get rid of it. But, I was thinking about a new Tacoma reg cab 4wd mt6 and a V6, but they dont do that combo. So the Fj will fit that bill, V6 MT6 4WD.

I replaced a TBS (3 yrs), frt brk pads(2 yrs), a couple of batterys current one is two months old.

I did upgrade the stereo to a Pioneer CD head unit, Kenwood Elec. crossover, one 200 watt Pioneer amp for the sub and a one fifty for the fronts. A sub box is mounted behind seat and is ABS molded for the Tacoma. Crossovers in the doors and Alpine tweeters in the 4runner spot.(Thanks TORRA)

I did put on a intake tube and K&n filter. But have all the stock part I removed (ie air box, tubes, etc.) I even kept the cracked exhaust manifold, stock am/fm radio, etc.

The bed was sprayed LineX about four years ago and still looks great. I have an aluminum box mounted in the front. It was made for the Tacoma and is polished alum. Keys are included for the tool box and the shell.

I'm thinking of listing it on fleabay with a reserve of $7000. Does this sound about right?

I have some pics but not a photobucket account, so if someone wants pics I can e-mail you some.

Located in north Houston

Have stock skid (not mounted), doesn't drip oil, fresh radi flush, cold a/c, 2" rec w/ 5" drop hitch. I'll even throw in two balls(1 15/15 and 2") and my shackle tow hook. Anything that got broke I replaced. The cup holder broke so I bought a new one at dealer. The little clips that hold the door covers and the clips for the cubby under the radio has new clips.

Thanks, my fj depends on this

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Captain is the Man! These were taken this afternoon.

Thanks again Capt

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Captain J Rocks!!!

Bam!!! Captain J put it out. He's "The Man".

The bench seat is included but removed for cleaning a few weeks ago so I snapped a few shots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts