TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i reciently devloped a problem on my t100. I tried to search and couldn't find any exact answers. all the similar problems were left open ended. Anyways what happens is at around 3k the truck has a pop almost like a mis. It will do it when free reving or when hard on the gas but doesn't really do it when you roll on the throttle (not boosting) There isn't a cel either. When you first start the truck up it runs fine and doesn't have the problem. It seems to start after its been up to temp for about 15min or so. It also has a hard time getting up to the rev limiter too. seems to kinda stop at about 5k. It has the 2nd gen trd charger, no fuel mods (I know i need the 7th injector, kinda wondering if its the problem too). The truck surges a bit too around 4k which i no is from the lack of fuel mods. The problem isn't a ping either because it does that too lol. Tried cleaning the maf and that didn't help. Any help would be awesome because im stumped. thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Did you check all vacuum connections? Is your boost line still connected to the fuel pressure regulator?

RJM

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i checked the connections and they seem to be good. Right now the regulator is hooked up to a T that goes to the vacuum port on the charger by the throttle body and to the diaphram that is on the throttle body the tps. Boost port is going to the boost gauge.

·
Registered
851 Posts
yeah i checked the connections and they seem to be good. Right now the regulator is hooked up to a T that goes to the vacuum port on the charger by the throttle body and to the diaphram that is on the throttle body the tps. Boost port is going to the boost gauge.
I would really like to hear the mis/pop. I am almost positive the fuel regulator needs to be on the boost port not the vacuum. I would change that first. But this sounds to be something else. Just started all the sudden?? Sounds fuel related...maybe :confused: injectors been cleaned lately? Try and pick up a set of those Lexus or Supra type injectors. I found mine on Ebay for like 60 bucks...whole setup. Maybe a TPS sensor? Good Luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help guys! i changed out the MAF with another one i had and that got rid of the pop. I also changed the vacuum line to the boost port and it is night and day better now! thanks again. I ordered the urd 7th injector for it too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts