Rear
63" Chevy's
Trail gear bushings
Trail gear greashable shackle bolts
Inchworm Chevy Mounts
Trail Gear U bolt flip kit
Home Brew Shackles
Spacers for rear shackles to fit stock rear shackle hanger

Just got the rear done sitting low now cause i have to get the salvage check so the i used the stock shackle and took like 4 packs out including overload

Pics of the build (Rolled it in pismo so rebuilding it now)

Before

Now Buildup Progress

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Couple things, your rear shackle is too short. You'll have to make longer ones. And why did you "box" the rear of the frame with flat bar? Probably would have been stronger to use box tubing.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Couple things, your rear shackle is too short. You'll have to make longer ones. And why did you "box" the rear of the frame with flat bar? Probably would have been stronger to use box tubing.
I was wondering that myself, had me scratching my head.

My Parts List (Specs)
Front
Waggy Dana 44
Parts Mike High Steer Arm Knuckle Kit with Super Arms and Half Inch Spacers
Spicer 5-760's
Stock Axle Shafts
Parts Mike Tie rod And Draglink
Yukon 4.88's
InchWorm yota Driveshaft input
Rancho 44044's
Bilstein 5125 14" Travel Shocks
Trail Gear tall shock Hoops
Trail Gear U Bolt Flip Kit
Trail Gear Bushings and shackle bolts
Sky Manufacturing Solid swap kit
Sky Manufacturing Steering box brace kit
Warn Premium hubs
All new wheel bearing/axle bearing and seals

Rear
63" Chevy's
Trail gear bushings
Trail gear greashable shackle bolts
Inchworm Chevy Mounts
Trail Gear U bolt flip kit
Home Brew Shackles
Spacers for rear shackles to fit stock rear shackle hanger

Just got the rear done sitting low now cause i have to get the salvage check so the i used the stock shackle and took like 4 packs out including overload
The list seems okay, was also wondering if that was a mock up for your Co2 tank or you just messing around with it. If that is what you are planning on doing, you will have to remove it each time you plan to use it.

I am not sure if this will help or not, but here is a link to some of my SAS photos http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2117385294

If you notice in them, I have the same front bumper as you are using, mine was just "modified" beyond recongition.

Are you also planning on using that grinding wheel on the drill for the remained of the grinding? If so, I would suggest investing in a 4 1/2 " grinder or even a 7" grinder. No sense in creating more work and effort for yourself.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shackles and things

shackles are stock as of now cuz i have to take it to dmv to do a inpection because its salvaged now didnt want to build 2 sets of shaackles the rear i used 1/4" sheetmetal and am going to put another box that piece in that way the lighs will be easy and plan to still box the rear frame in i plan to bob my bed for now until i get a tube bender

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To Bear

hey bear lol yeah bro thats just what i used to sand off a couple rough spots i have my trusty harbor freiht 4" for the rest and hey did u rotate your knuckles yourself im thinking about doing the same any pointers?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts