TTORA Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
long time and a lot has been done.
time for a belly skid. Got to looking around the shop ( I am lucky and have my dads old race car shop to use as I need) and found a peice of 7/16 thick 6061 T6 aluminum plate that was in a corner and decided I should use it as my skid, so i fired up the plasma cutter and....... it was no match for the hard aluminum. ended up using a jigsaw with metal blade an about a hour of cutting. here is the rough skid. finished pics to come, it runs from the front of the trans pan to just pass the rear crossmember behind the tcase. Overkill? probably but free is good

picked up some UHMW 1/4 inch plastic the other day. Today I got it all fastened to the skid. 1/4 allen head cap bolts drilled/countersunk and tapped the aluminum. Its ready to install.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

got my skid installed

also got my front bumper finished up, and remounted my winch control box behind the grill.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

well today was the day! no more IFS runner for me!

got my frame clean and plates tacked on.

finished assembling the axle and bolted the leafs to it so I can slide it under the truck and check oil pan clearance.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
time for a long overdue update.

got the steering box mounted and steering shaft made.

trimmed up the skid plate for driveshaft clearance.

got the truck sitting on its own, but about 2 inches to low. so I arched the springs and added in another spring to get it where I wanted it. now have a yj/dodge dart spring pack.

how I arched my springs with a press.

one of the help.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

It Drives!!!
its low. its on leafs and has about 3inches of bump. never hit the bumps in normal driving. 21" frame height on 35s. cant wait to wheel it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
it flexes pretty good and the rear swaybar is still connected.

looks like the shakedown run will be this sunday at the Devils den area. if anyone would like to come. 479-466-6556 hit me up

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
5 Participants
cruiserfj
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing