TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 Taco standard cab short bed 4x4 4cyl manual, and lately I have had a right turn signal issue. Some times it works and other times it does a rapid flash and other times it does nothing. I found out this morning that when it does the rapid flash none out the actual blinkers are actually blinking, along with the inside indicator. I assume that the times that it does nothing it is also doing nothing out side. This is completely random and sometimes corrects itself mid turn.....all the bulbs and fuses are good so I don't know what could be causing this...??? The left turn signal is fine and works just fine it's only the right one.

Nick

·
Registered
851 Posts
Usually, it will rapid flash when there is a burned-out bulb. It can tell there's a burned-out bulb by the lack of resistance that is usually there (same reason that swapping regular bulbs with LED bulbs will often require the addition of a resistor into the circuit).

Sounds like there's a loose wire somewhere. Since it's affecting all of the signals at the same time, I'd start checking the wires as far "up" the system as possible. I'm not sure where in the truck the blinker relay is, but it's probably under the driver's side dash, on the left side. Have you recently done anything up in there that might have jiggled some wires around?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No haven't done any work on this truck in some time. I know about the fast blink for the bulb which is why I went thru and checked them all and actually just swapped them out with new ones just in-case, but still nothing. I did notice today that while I was driving if I barely move the turn signal switch the blinker seemed to work normal but if I went all the way up it either rapid blinked (the flasher) or did nothing so I'm now thinking it might be the actual switch....

Nick

·
Registered
851 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts