TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me out? I have a 1998 Tacoma, 4WD, V6, that got broken into last night. Well, it looks like they targeted my truck specifically for a few parts they needed. They took the rod that holds the hood up and my K&N air filter. I think the theives may have taken another part under the hood, but I'm not much of a mechanic, and I can't tell. On the passenger side wheel well, there's bolt holes there, and I'm not sure if there was anything there in the first place. My truck runs fine, and there's no broken or cut wiring at or near that site, so I'm thinking there was nothing bolted down in that spot, but I just wanted to make sure.

Can anyone who has the same truck that I do take a look at this picture and tell me if there's a part missing? The picture is of the passenger side wheel well.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
People are a bunch of assholes i tell ya, but those holes are there on mine too. there where i bolted my stock jack down at. sorry to here about your theft.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i havent checked my truck but it looks like that area is either dusty or dirty and if anything had been there you would have noticed a differnce in the color of that area. and you would also proably be able to tell if you can see threads thru the hole

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies. Looks like that's the spot for the cruise control box, and since I don't have cruise control, I'm in the clear. It's weird...they dug through the cab of my truck and didn't take anything. There were CD's, sunglasses, loose change, and all of it is still there. I just happened to look under the hood, and immediately noticed the missing air filter and the rod that holds up my hood.

Oh, tbst...that's not oil. some dirt accumulated in that area, and it got wet today.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a 98 3.4 6 5 speed. All I have over there is an PA speaker. Mine looks the exact same, no worries bad. Hope you catch the sob's

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I was going to say cruise control but that got addressed. I will take another look later. Those bastards definitely pegged your truck for that, what a bunch of ass holes. My girlfriends car got broken into this past weekend as she is visiting on her way to college. Took her computer and other shit. I fucking hate car thieves.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts