TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '98 tacoma, ext. cab, 4cyc., 5-speed. I have an 3" E-Z Lift, which is just the spacers that go on top of the coil springs. The lift was great untill I added an ARB bumper with a Mile Marker 8000, now the front end is squatted. What do I need to go with to give me my lift back and carry the bumper? I have seen where a lot of people are using Donahoe Coilovers where do you get them?

Info Appreciated

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
weight

Is this the best way to go with my ARB bumper and winch sitting on front? Sure not real cheap.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
No spacer lift is going to hold up that bumper and winch

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SAW's

who make SAW's? What do they cost? Have been reading about tundra coils combined with Tacoma TRD shocks but still don't know if they will provide enough lift and hold up with the weight?

·
Registered
854 Posts
torbett said:
who make SAW's? What do they cost? Have been reading about tundra coils combined with Tacoma TRD shocks but still don't know if they will provide enough lift and hold up with the weight?
They use Eibach Springs for their coilovers. From what I can see, Wheeler's offroad has the best price for SAW's. Here's the link:

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/9504tacosaw.htm

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
The only way you are going to get springs for the front that hold the ammount of weight that you put on the front is by getting better coilovers. If you are looking for less expensive, look at these:

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/ometaco.htm

You will have to get the ones that say "firm" because the spring can handle more weight. If you go with better coilovers, you are in to the sway a ways, or camburgs, or Donahoes. You are looking at $650+ a pair for those.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Saw

Ok, so I probably would be better off just to go with the Camburg 2.5" and the Camburg control arms and be done with it.

But the EMU's are a lot cheaper but do they work and hold up???

Still wondering about the tundra coils looks like they would hold up just as good because Tundra are a bigger truck that is heavier????

And if regular Tundra coils want hold up are the ones off an Off-Road Tundra different??

·
Registered
60 Posts
sagging?

I have the ome setup it is great with the stock bumper on it but if i were to add a aftermarket bumper and winch i dont think this is the setup i would stick with the coils would prematurely sag. you are going to have to save up and go with the adjustable coilovers for the setup that you have. good luck :2cents:

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
rubberpants said:
The only way you are going to get springs for the front that hold the ammount of weight that you put on the front is by getting better coilovers. If you are looking for less expensive, look at these:

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/ometaco.htm

You will have to get the ones that say "firm" because the spring can handle more weight. If you go with better coilovers, you are in to the sway a ways, or camburgs, or Donahoes. You are looking at $650+ a pair for those.

darrin, i'm not calling you out or saying your wrong at all because i know you know a hell of a lot more than i, but i believe i read in the FAQ sections that OME stuff is not designed to hold an aftermarket bumper.

Am i wrong?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
torbett said:
Ok, so I probably would be better off just to go with the Camburg 2.5" and the Camburg control arms and be done with it.

But the EMU's are a lot cheaper but do they work and hold up???

Still wondering about the tundra coils looks like they would hold up just as good because Tundra are a bigger truck that is heavier????

And if regular Tundra coils want hold up are the ones off an Off-Road Tundra different??

I would stay with the SAW's. PRetty much everyone on the site with coilover lifts are running Hoes (danahoes) or SAW's...acutally idk that i have run into one person yet that has camburg coilovers!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Muddin taco2131 said:
darrin, i'm not calling you out or saying your wrong at all because i know you know a hell of a lot more than i, but i believe i read in the FAQ sections that OME stuff is not designed to hold an aftermarket bumper.

Am i wrong?
It's not that they are not designed to hold up an aftermarket bumper, but due to the spring rates of OME vs. SAW's, it's not recommended to go with OME if you have a heavy aftermarket front bumper or winch.

OME = 550lb spring rate

SAW's = 650lb spring rate (better choice for heavy aftermarket bumpers and winches)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Muddin taco2131

You said you didn't know of one person on this site that has Camburg coilovers? Are camburg coilovers not SAW's?? Just a little confused

What is the difference between Camburg Coilovers, Hoes, SAW's, besides brand?????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts