TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I currently have 32x11.5x15 on a 98 TRD with 3" Cornbreds, stock coils, after market rears. I have American racing 15x8 with close to stock backspacing (3.75" I think). I had to trim the driver side well liner.

You can't get a decent tire in a 32" anymore so I have to go to 33x12.5x15.

It's been 10 years since I lifted it, but as I recall I can probably fit 33x12.5.
I almost certainly will have cut more liner and pound the pinch weld.
Is this about right?

And of course I could add a mild body lift if I have to but that's a PITA.

Finally, on choice of tire it's between the BFGoodrich AT and the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac. It looks like the Goodyear is a little more aggresive so I'm leaning towards that.

Thanks for advice, just making sure before I spend $900 on a special order tire.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Have you considered 33 10.5's ? Also a small body lift like 1" isn't a pita., is is an extra expense and a few hours of time.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
/\
what he said.

Wow, I haven't heard of those spacers in a long time!!! I remember the days when that brand of spacer was popular among many truck owners:D

I run 33X10.5 tires, and I can almost guarantee you can fit those tires with your current suspension set up.

I also have a 1" body lift that I got because I needed to clear my rock sliders; I didn't need the body lift to clear the tires at all.

Installing a 1" body lift is really easy - provided that you don't have any issues removing the already existing bolts that attach the body to the frame of your trucks.

The most difficult part of the body lift is installing the 1" spacer between the steering shaft and the steering rack (very tight space down there to move tools around).

Also, although you can install the lift by yourself, you might want to ask somebody to help you with the lift blocks under the cab. I only did one side of the cab at a time - as many people recommend - and I still found it very difficult to align the the holes to fit the new bolts buy myself. Way easier to do if you have one person guiding the bold from the top (inside the cab) while the other person torques everything down from the bottom.

Good luck.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only tire available in 33x10.5x15 is the BFGoodrich Mud - did not really want muds as I need snow/ice traction.

I'll probably buy the 33x12.5's if Americas tire will even let me.
Thanks for the tips on BL install - I actually wrench a lot. I remember installing the urethane steering rack bushings and that was a pain.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The only tire available in 33x10.5x15 is the BFGoodrich Mud - did not really want muds as I need snow/ice traction.

Thanks for the tips on BL install - I actually wrench a lot. I remember installing the urethane steering rack bushings and that was a pain.
Bfg all terrain? I run them in a 33 x 10.50. You might just have to order them.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts

Toyo makes 33x10.50s also

Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts