TTORA Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all let me start by saying I did use the search fuction this time. 14+ pages. The engine info I did find was mostly 4cyl to 6cyl swaps. I'm wondering if anyone here has alot of experience with both 99' and 01' years. I'll probably ask a toyota maint guy when I go there to pick up misc clips and hardware but hoping for a head start.
I am pulling the 3.4L engine out of my rolled 99 with the auto transmission and ECU and engine harness, along with everything else on the engine. The 01' also had an atuo.This should make things fairly simple I am hoping, anyway. As I'm looking things over from one truck to the other things are looking pretty good but noticing a few changes already. 2001 has a connector at the top of the radiator area, that my 99' doesn't have. I only have the radiator for the 99. also the 99 has an Anti-lock brake box in the right fender area with a bunch of hard lines the 01 doesn't. Hoping I can just leave it out as all the brake lines are in tact on the 01 and don't want anti lock brakes anyway. (didn't realize this was even an option) No provisional connector for it either. I imagine this is going to give me a light I don't want unless there is a way to bypass it. I did get the 01 motor mounts and have the 99's if needed. Its lookng like I will need a new cruise control box because the 01 harness connector isn't the same and I'm wanting to use all the 01 wiring not on the engine harness. Exhaust is also different. I'm just going to use whats on the 99' though for now.(single exhaust) Also there is a small module mounted under the cruise control box aft of the air box on the right fender. I haven't had time to look this up yet but that connector doesn't match either and is on the cab side harness.
I guess the first thing I need to do is get a 01' maint manual to compare with my 99 manual. I haven't done a project this involved yet. changed minor components(alternators, starters and junk like that) and installed my trailmaster lift without issues. Any BIG issues any of you experienced guys notice right off? Only two years difference, should be a piece of cake right? hehe.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts