TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an exhaust for sale in the classifieds and another member and myself would like to know if it would fit his 99. Both vehicles are extended cabs. I have the NE/Cali emissions on my02 and he only has the single cat on his 99. The magnaflow website lists part number 15811 for 00-04 ext. cab tacomas. It says nothing about emissions. Another NE member installed the same one on his 2000 ext. cab with single cat and he had no problems. Just not sure what the difference between 99 versions and 00-04 versions. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Ron

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ron, the only thing he would need to worry about is the length of the pipes. I think with the double cat setup we have, the mounting flange is a little further back. If he is just looking to use the muffler then there's not much he needs to worry about.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think he is wanting to just bolt it on as I did. I'll have to have him take some measurements and then try to measure the exhaust.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Actually, there are two different exhausts on the 2000's. There are dual cat and single cat versions for the 2.7L.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The thing is this Rick, magnaflow doesn't list a separate part # for either systems. all it says is 00-04 2.7 or 3.4.....I wonder why they wouldn't just list it for 95.5-present ext. cab models??maybe they've only checked it against those years? I'm gonna see if the toyota exhaust replacement is the same for different years. Shit...It thought they'd all be the same, hmmmm.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ron, measure how long the pipe from the cat. flange to the muffler is, then have him do the same. Then you'll know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
akshunj
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing