TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other night I was out in the deep Fl sugar sand. So deep that 2wd you would sink going down the dunes. I was challenged to a race around by a newer Ranger, my truck performed less than par. In 4hi I'd rev it up to about 4500 - 5000 in 1st throw it in 2nd,(without much/if any tire spin) then all bog like I just dropped it in 5 on the highway doing 10 mph. Then 2wd was doing the same for third in the more hardpacked stuff. Which I was aware of before but this time imperticular was stinky. Hot clutch stinky. Which I've got 160000 on this bad boy now so it's about time for a clutch, and a throw out (crickets in my tranny). I plan on 33x11.5-12.5 some time soon. Right now I'm running 31x10. I was wondering any recommendations for clutch and fly wheel wheights lighter or heavier?
I got pride to redeem. Btw I do a little trail riding I've heard light flywheels make this tough.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This was my first time taking and 5sp through the deep stuff. Now the 4.56 will set my gearing basically back to stock with the 33s? And what weight fly wheel do you use? Or is it better to just resurface? I'd like to get a little more low end rev on the street. I think I read stock 3.4s are like 28lbs?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts