TTORA Forum banner

99 Single Cab - Cab Swap done.

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  JCady 
#1 ·
It was only a matter of time until I would need a new cab. Especially doing what we do without a cage.
Memorial day I flopped the truck at Katemcy2. After we got it back on all 4s I pulled the plugs and turned the engine over. Topped off all fluids, put the full doors back on and drove home.

I had some plans. Flat bed with removable bed sides. Relocate the gas tank and battery. I moved the gas tank up and out of the way. Put it on the other side to combat Taco lean.

New cab acquired. It was a 95.5 V6 5 Speed truck.

Other than that I simply started stripping everything off of the cab. The interior was the most difficult part. I must have used 50 or so plastic zip lock bags to catalog all the nuts, bolts, and small brackets. I wish I would have taken more pictures of the routing of the wire harness. When I was putting it back in there were several times I was wondering why the plugs wouldn't reach etc..

I cut the old cab floor, back wall, and roof out so I could use an engine hoist to remove the dual cases while the truck was down. They needed a couple new beads of RTV. This also made it much easier to pull off the frame once that time came.

Paint was John Deere Green from a rattle can.

To be continued...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
After the new cab was on it was time to put everything back together.

One good thing about the harness is that in most places it has brackets that are obvious as to where they go. Aside from that most plugs are 1 off and not duplicated. IE you can't plug the cruise control harness into the AC harness, they're mostly all completely different.

I need 1 new fender, a grille, and headlights to complete the cab.
Next big project will be the tube bed and then the cage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.