TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up everyone im new here and this is my first toyota i have ever owned i wuz raised around nissans and chevys but i decided to be diffrent. i wuz trying to get some info about my 99 2.4 4x4 taco. 1) do these motors have enough power to turn 33's? 2)what gear ratio does it have and does it have limeted slip or what? 3) Is there any aftermarket part stors just for toyotas?(sorta like 4x4parts.com is for nissans) thanks for any input.

·
Registered
425 Posts
First off, I'm sure you meant you have the 2.7L vs the 2.4L with that truck if it's 4X4. The 2.4 came in the 4X2. The 2.7 has enough power to push 33" tires without too much difficulty. There are several people around here pushing 35" and bigger tires with the 2.7. Of course you'd need to regear or you'll be really slow compared to stock.

Stock gearing is probably 4.10s but could also be 3.73. There's a chart somewhere around here that you'd have to search for that'll explain what the code is on the inside of the door.

There are many stores available specifically for the Toyota. Check the sponsor section and keep an eye on the classifieds section here.

All that said, you need to quickly get into the habit of using the search feature before people start flaming you for it. I'm surprised this thread isn't full of people doing that already.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
little_red1 said:
All that said, you need to quickly get into the habit of using the search feature before people start flaming you for it. I'm surprised this thread isn't full of people doing that already.
It's because he took the advice so well that he went straight to the Newbie Tech section and re-posted his question there. Good job on his part and he's been treated respectfully there with his questions getting fully answered. Just how it should work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
jester_motorsports
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing