TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im doing a 99 tacoma sas with a 79 ford HP dana 44 Im looking to see what everyones experience is as far as what steering box to buy, also some of the companies make the power steering pump upgrade that supposidly should be done but whats a realistic cost to do this some want 1000+ or is their a better way?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
15 Posts
You want a box out of an 86-88 yota truck. Now on that I'm not sure about going to the linkage of the ford, but that's what I've used on both my swaps on Toyota axles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know the Ford's cheaper, but Toyota axles are bullet proof with just a couple mods. Just throwing that or there

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know the Ford's cheaper, but Toyota axles are bullet proof with just a couple mods. Just throwing that or there
absolutely agree with you it was a cheap find from my buddy and itll be wider stance and driver drop plus the high pinion reverse cut of the assembly as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I lucked out once and got a set from a swap meet. Got the front, rear, harness, switch, actuators for 1500. Then I put then under my 94 king cab with 6 inch lift from KC Springs, 3.4 super charged out of a 4 runner. It's a sweet rig. Hard trail and DD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts