TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son is looking at purchasing a stock 99 Tacoma Prerunner. We wanted to know if we could run 33x12.5 BFG MTR's and 15x8 rims with 4" of backspacing and no lift?

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
nope.
with 3" of lift you can BARELY fit 33s.
if you want less lift, look into cut-out fender flares.

on behalf of HardTaco and Tejasyota, welcome.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I would advise taking some time to get to know the vehicle before starting to build it up. Drive it around for awhile and then see what you NEED to get. If he plans on offroading a bit I would go for the 4x4 too.

·
Registered
401 Posts
:saw: :saw: and more :saw: and hell, maybe even some :welder: for good measure. If you want to make that fit. Can't you run 32's with trimming? I thought there was a post on here about that somewhere. If you want to run stock height though you should get 31's and you'll prob need to do some minor trimming.

·
Registered
779 Posts
nope.
with 3" of lift you can BARELY fit 33s.
if you want less lift, look into cut-out fender flares.

on behalf of HardTaco and Tejasyota, welcome.
did he say 4 " backspacing! :eek:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I had 32x11.50's on my non-lifted 04 with 3.75 backspacing. it rubbed with the stock wheels and didn't with the aftermarket ones. I could see 33's fitting with a lift. It also depends if he is going in the mud or on rocks where flex is the key. It will probably rub, but it will be ok to drive with.

I would also say to go with a 4x4. If you dont, and go off-road, you will regret it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts