TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
09 Prerunner, 4cyl 5spd (7000miles) - When I come to a stop, and put the truck in neutral with the A/C on, and the compressor kicks on, I get a real bad rattle noise. If I push the clutch in, the rattle noise goes away, let it back out, rattle continues. Goes off and on as the A/C compressor kicks in and out? Any ideas why? Anyone with a 4 cyl, 5spd experience this before? Just does not seem right? Any suggestions greatly appreciated :confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had the same problem since I bought my 05 4cyl...no one can tell me why that sound occurs. The dealership just blows it off as a normal thing.... however I have about 60,000 miles now and everything still runs great, no problems

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had the same problem since I bought my 05 4cyl...no one can tell me why that sound occurs. The dealership just blows it off as a normal thing.... however I have about 60,000 miles now and everything still runs great, no problems
Truck seems to run fine as well, but the noise is even louder after a long run at highway speeds... just does not seem right

·
Premium Member
3,082 Posts
i just replaced my belts and when i turn on my ac is SQUEALS, then stops, but every stoplight/sign it's the same....SQEEEAAAL.

makes me think of what wes tells his hookers to do.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I know its a diffrent generation of truck but my 2004 does the same thing......no problems....blows ice cold......but mine is a automatic.......i have 74000 miles on mine as of now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts