TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple bad in progress pics, guess a couple bad ones are better then none, also before anyone says any BS, the jackstand setup was just there before the buildup began, those have been replaced with custom steel stands to fit the height.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bb609 said:
Man, what could you possibly be doing to that thing that hasn't already been done? lol!
it's getting a full width dana HP kingpin 60 front to replace the 44 that I first used and a sterling 10.25 rear (close to a dana 70) 5:13 gears, rear locked, 4 wheel disc brakes, resiorver shocks on the rear, stronger crossover steering, and new 40" irocks mounted on 20's and maybe even washed when it's over with.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
bb609 said:
Damn! Nice to have deep pockets! Good luck with it.
lol I made that comment to a guy the other day and they had no idea what I was talking about, really made me think about my age for a change. I wish I did have deep pockets. I just work all of the time to pay for my toys and girlfriends, girlfriend just left so what was supposed to go to her present for x-mass instead went to new 40's for me. :D not to mention a lot more time on my hands to finally do it. Well back to :welder: for me.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
SuperSized said:
lol I made that comment to a guy the other day and they had no idea what I was talking about, really made me think about my age for a change. I wish I did have deep pockets. I just work all of the time to pay for my toys and girlfriends, girlfriend just left so what was supposed to go to her present for x-mass instead went to new 40's for me. :D not to mention a lot more time on my hands to finally do it. Well back to :welder: for me.
should have gotten the new 42" IROK's :D . know where another KP 60 is? i need a couple fronts.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
zszac111 said:
should have gotten the new 42" IROK's :D . know where another KP 60 is? i need a couple fronts.
I had enough problems just getting the 39.5's. lol I wanted radials and couldn't even get those. If I didn't already have the rims I would have just went back to boggers. Plus anything larger then 40's and I really won't be able to drive it. It's already to tall.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ricks72 said:
Supersized.. What happened to your old set up, for sale?
Sitting in the rack in my shop. Not sure if would be good for much or at least worth the shipping cost, rear is trashed and the fronts setup for my 4 link setup, wouldn't be to much fun to remove all of the brackets.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
zszac111 said:
my irok's weared like erasers on a grinder, im glad i put the truck to the trail use only status here reciently. good luck with the buildup.
I'm used to how boggers wear so it should be of, if they wear worse then that I'll just go back to boggers then. lol

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
i think they will wear faster than the boggers, they are some soft tires, boggers look cooler but you will like these tires, when i had mine on the road with bead locks they road pretty damn good not to be balanced, only complaint i have about the tires is the sidewall (already cut one brand new one)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
zszac111 said:
i think they will wear faster than the boggers, they are some soft tires, boggers look cooler but you will like these tires, when i had mine on the road with bead locks they road pretty damn good not to be balanced, only complaint i have about the tires is the sidewall (already cut one brand new one)
that's the main reason I wanted then is so that I could drive the truck anwhere I wanted, with 40's that's not easy to do, these did all balance with less then 10 ounces, not bad for a swamper that size. My last set of boggers took 30+ on each, one even took 46" ounces. lol Are the Irocks quiet? I love the sound of boggers going down the road, I hope these make a little noise but I dought they will.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
I'm supprised you just didn't go out and get a brand new 05 and start cutting that one up before the engine even had time to warm up...:D Somebody's got to break new ground..

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
SuperSized said:
Sitting in the rack in my shop. Not sure if would be good for much or at least worth the shipping cost, rear is trashed and the fronts setup for my 4 link setup, wouldn't be to much fun to remove all of the brackets.

Was the rear a toyota or did you replace it, hmmm im not to bad with a grinder so it wouldnt be to hard(jsut dont want to build the 44 I have right now), put me at the top of the list if you decide to sell if others havent claimed it yet

·
Registered
22 Posts
How come when I get the Idea to go to D60's everybody gets one before me... :xcrybaby:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tankota said:
I'm supprised you just didn't go out and get a brand new 05 and start cutting that one up before the engine even had time to warm up...:D Somebody's got to break new ground..
I did think about it but that would be to much work, sinvce I'm into choppers now the truck doesn't get as much attention. PLus it still has just 30k miles on it. lol

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ricks72 said:
Was the rear a toyota or did you replace it, hmmm im not to bad with a grinder so it wouldnt be to hard(jsut dont want to build the 44 I have right now), put me at the top of the list if you decide to sell if others havent claimed it yet
rear was a stock toyota, with 5:29 gears. There was a guy that wanted them were I live but, I havn't talked to him latley so I'm not sure what I'll end up doing. I'll contact you or remind me later and I'll see what's going on with them. thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts