TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question for all of those with diamond front axles under their Taco. I searched and could not come up with and answer for my question. I know that if you use a diamond, its best to buy a complete pre-86' yota front axle. I would like to know what all parts I will have to use off of it. I know knuckles and hubs and the like, but what did you all do for brakes? I was wondering if you used IFS rotors and calipers, or if there is some way to keep the Tacoma rotors and calipers? Also chunk in any other piece of advice you can!

·
<null>
1,805 Posts
I used IFS V6 calipers and Fj40 vented rotors. Tacoma Calipers have a wider bolt pattern for the mounts. I test fitted the tacoma calipers and it wasn't worth the effort.

You will need everything, less the housing, stock birfs and upper steering arms.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Only bad thing about the IFS rotors and FJ40 rotors is that you get back to a Tacoma-like wheel fitment problem. Well, I can't say that the stocker 85ish shit isn't the same way-but I know w/out something like the Sky kit just make sure your wheels fit. 15" wheels that don't have an inner profile should fit ok- the only ones I've found so far were aluminums. That or <2.25 bs wheels.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'm running wheelers wheels(10 inch wide with 3.75" BS) was hoping to run those. Also I ahvent heard of the Front range offroad spindle and knuckle deal. I'll have to check into that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts