TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a front A/F sensor for the front of my 01 3.4L taco a couple years ago while trying to fix a PO420 code. When I eventually took it to my buddy that works for Toyota he told me I had put the wrong sensor up front (which still didn't fix that dang code) for a manual trans truck (I have an automatic). He replaced it with the correct one but the only difference I could see between the two was the cable length. The auto has a shorter pigtail than the manual.

Like I said, neither one made a difference with my 420 code and the truck ran fine with the "wrong" sensor installed. There's also a significant price difference between the two, 140ish vs 175ish via VatoZone.

So does anyone know if the actual sensor is different?

Anyone have a Auto sensor they can compare the sensor # with. I googled these numbers and didn't come up with anything.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I have a manual and just did the A/F. Sorry no auto one to compare. URD does list 2 different ones. 9001 and 9003. Your mechanic was correct that they are different.

The front sensor won't fix a P0420 though. A rear one may, or the cat may be shot. Exhaust leak possibly.

Or URD O2 simulator-which is what I have for that code.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At the time I replaced "everything" that was supposed to be related to that code, A/F - Cats - O2. Nothing fixed it. That's when I finally took it to Toyota. Long story short, the cat's were the issue, the Magnaflow's I had put on it didn't do the job that the computer thought they should. Some of the 01's were an oddity for some reason and mine was one of them. I finally went with an O2 sim but even that was a pain. URD couldn't make me one that would work and finally Empire knew what I was talking about and made me one that would. Trouble free since!

Now back to my original question, I have this A/F sensor for a manual trans truck and I'm wondering if I can keep it on the self as a spare or if there is something else about a manual trans sensor that I should avoid. The extra wire doesn't bother me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts