TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 88 toy with a 22rec there are 2 sensors on the front of the intake i know one is a coolant temp sensor but what is the other one. 2nd questions my truck is running like crap no power step on gas and it spit and sputters and will backfire. to even keep it running you have to hold down on acc all the way as soon as you let off when it gets to a certain point it idles fine and then idles down to 300 to 500 rpms and dies. i tested the tps and everything shows to be fine checked the afm and it tested fine also what else could cause this. i changed the plugs wires cap rotor and pickup coil. also strong odor of gas when its acting up. thanks for any and all help trust me its greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
i have a 88 toy with a 22rec there are 2 sensors on the front of the intake i know one is a coolant temp sensor but what is the other one. 2nd questions my truck is running like crap no power step on gas and it spit and sputters and will backfire. to even keep it running you have to hold down on acc all the way as soon as you let off when it gets to a certain point it idles fine and then idles down to 300 to 500 rpms and dies. i tested the tps and everything shows to be fine checked the afm and it tested fine also what else could cause this. i changed the plugs wires cap rotor and pickup coil. also strong odor of gas when its acting up. thanks for any and all help trust me its greatly appreciated.
There are two coolant temp senders on the intake. One for the gauge on the dash and one sends a signal to the computer. Have you pulled your check engine light codes yet?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
domino
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing