TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a couple of cheap tricks. Thought id share.

Well start with my 87 runner. These are broom clips from wal-mart. They hold my mini mag in perfect.

Cost: 2.99 for a 4 pack.

Saw this on some other forum and decided to do it. Its just a crown royal bag with the bottom cut off. Just tucked it around the bottom and badda bing shifter boot. haha

Cost: a bottle of crown. (worth it) ;)

I kept breaking blinkers. Hitting them on trees, rocks pretty much everything. so, i jut moved them to the grill. and cut down my bumper. a new stronger bumper is in the works also. Also if you look in the toyota symbol, a bottle cap fits in each side. currently rockin 2 landshark bottle caps. haha.

Cost: freeee!

And the best cheap mod I did to my truck was to bob the bed. No more low hanging bumper. I never hit my ass end on anything any more. So great. I do have a bumper on it now. just a simply 2x3x1/4. Fits right tight with the frame.

Cost of bob: free
Cost of bumper: 36$ for the steel.

before:

After

and yes, I did bob my cap. :saw:

The best part was since i was removing and rewelding, it was pretty much free.

Last but not least, was to spool my rear end. Was going to weld it but the v6 carrier was too difficult to get around. The spool is a durasolid and has held up great!

Cost: 85 shipped.

Naked spool:

Installed:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a couple more cheap tricks.

Plain and simple. take chair and bungie it to the roll bar. up and out of the way. Doesnt move at all. That red box on the other side of the roll bar is a 750 watt power inverter I picked up from wal-mart about 5 years ago, still works great. Then next to that i have an old bread crate. Holds my straps and parts-n-things.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the other side is my highlift. Currently bunged to the roll bar, havent picked up the bolts to really hold it on there.

·
Registered
276 Posts
This=missile hazard. If you hit something hard enough to send that flying, you are going to be in a world of hurt anyways, but I would rather not have two pounds of dense metal flying at my head on top of everything else...

·
Registered
974 Posts
I'm sorry man, that thing is a death sentence if you ever get in an accident. :eek:
1-heavy high lift with a bungie cord
2-tons of heavy shit just sitting in a crate
3-maglight missile

but that bed bob and shell bob turned out cool :xbeer1:

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
believe me...if you roll a couple times, everything inside will be outside.after it bounces off of you.
secure your shit!

·
Registered
633 Posts
any info on how you bobbed the shell/cap? i need to bob my runner top, and have been looking for info...never worked with glass before except to patch a surfboard or two...

and secure your shit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts