TTORA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a LCE header this weekend and while I had evry thing apart I kind of had an idea. On my 96 2.7 there is a second air box bolted to the head. I was thinking why cant I remove it and just replace it with a peace of pipe? I kind of think it would increase air flow and might cut down on some heating of the air as it enters that box. I want to add a deck plate too and try to get as much air in to the engin as I can now that im getting really good exhaust flow. Just wondering if any one has tried this and weather it’s a good idea?

·
Registered
682 Posts
It's very common. It's called the Intake Silencer Removal or ISR mod. I won't flame ya, but please use the search function!

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
I did a LCE header this weekend and while I had evry thing apart I kind of had an idea. On my 96 2.7 there is a second air box bolted to the head. I was thinking why cant I remove it and just replace it with a peace of pipe? I kind of think it would increase air flow and might cut down on some heating of the air as it enters that box. I want to add a deck plate too and try to get as much air in to the engin as I can now that im getting really good exhaust flow. Just wondering if any one has tried this and weather it’s a good idea?
that extra 'box' is simply for noise dampening...it really serves no other purpose, IMO.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's very common. It's called the Intake Silencer Removal or ISR mod. I won't flame ya, but please use the search function!
Thanx but it’s a little difficult to do a search when you have no idea what your searching for. I did a few searches looking for intake mods and all I get back is a lot of crap actually. Im not new to this site or the club and I really find it sad that all we do any more is tell evry one to a search.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I removed that on my 'ol 2.7 Felt like it lost power and sounded like a fart. I put it back on. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts