TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sure thing!

What's Up Toyo World - I'm 25 born and raised in Colorado. I grew up playing around with cars fueled by the general interest for building cool toys. I recently sold my 1987 Toyota Supra and grew up to a 2002 Toyota Taco 3.4L V6 4WD 5sp Manual. As you may assume, I am now looking to equip it to meet my needs.

go figure, it's a girl that's got needs ;)

I have already slapped on the easy K&N intake and am looking into a flowmaster exhaust with the usual 2 1/2 cat-back.

So far, I have read a lot more than I have posted but was lookin to make somethin happen (with your help of course). Answer two questions for me:

1) Most loved size tire
2) Most loved size rim

Be specific now - I'm lookin for good reasons!

Hey and by the way, thank god and the computer gurus for TTORA!!

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Welcome.

1. 37" - Big enough, but still practical.
2. 15" - smaller wheel = more tire to grip/contact ground. (As you may know, wheel fitment varies depending on vehicle.)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Welcome.

1. 37" - Big enough, but practical.
2. 15" - smaller wheel = more tire to grip/contact ground. (As you may know, wheel fitment varies depending on vehicle.)
wow... i thought my little 33s were practical, i like your style!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm a hunter (elk with a .270 Browning to be exact) not to mention - fishergirl, camper, and who in their right mind doesn't love a fun off-road trail . . .?

I am just lookin to set her up so she climbs and crawls - not desert racing, super truck crazy or anything

*lookin into a 2 1/2 lift but no sure if I need it (haha, i know "what do you mean you don't need a lift!?"

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
wow... i thought my little 33s were practical, i like your style!
"Practical" for me may not be practical for someone else, its all personal opinion.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
like orange said, check out the CO boards too. we have a great group with meet and greets every month, someone wheeling something just about every weekend. we have a few events coming up in the next few weeks.

as far as wheels and tires, in CO you can do 90% of our wheeling with 33s whether they are on 15s or 16s. Stepping to 35s on our trucks is a pain in the ass but a few of us run 35s (or metric equivalent on 16" wheels. instead of 15s) and it makes the bigger stuff easier to wheel.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
What!? GIRLS don't drive trucks and join internet forums about it! ;) Oh .. wait ...

Check out the CO chapter for sure, they seem like a good bunch of folks, and they stay busy too :)

IMO 33s on 15s are always a good size, or whatever the 16" rim equivalent is... beyond that and you'll get too ballsy and feel like you ought to go on trails that'll risk sheet metal and paint!

35s are fine and dandy, but I'd say you'd be better off with 33s, new gearing, and some bumpers/sliders..

..and maybe some waders, because the shits guna get deep around here once the pervs see this thread and start asking for more pics :D :rofl:

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
molls is in texas now, so the new girl here should be safe from her at least :lmao:
or, until Texas throws her back north :p

*just jokin', Mol...you know I love you :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts