TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 966 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
why not do a complete build on your 83 rather than building your 05?

that way you have a nice 05 daily driver that isn't going to be beat into the ground.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that would be the smart thing to do (ha) but I don't have a place to work on the 83 right now and I can't fight the urge to work on something so the 05 it is. Bolt-on stuff makes it easy to do in a friends garage. Not going crazy on the 05 but I want it to be a nice dual purpose driver.

Probably keeping the 83 at this point till I've got a place to build it into a dedicated off road truck with more travel and maybe a motor swap. Plus it won't smog right now so I need something else to have fun in.
Tweeter said:
Total Chaos...I approve :xrocker:
Like there are any other options... he he :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Im jealous :rolleyes: Ive just been staring at the picture you posted for 20min and looking at my credit card at the same time hahahaha

Good luck with the install!!!!!!!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Just add some Allied Spindles and DMZ steering kit and you will be Ballin at least in the front. I remeber having all that stuff laid out for like a day. Lookin good. Cant wait to see a Single cab all hooked up. :saw:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Some pics of our progress on happy's build as it is right now. We got the Driver side installed and pullin the bumper off so happy can weld a mount for the resi. Passenger side is gutted and as soon as Im done posting, I be gettin back to helping on that. Pretty sweet!! :D

The garage/shop, when a yota enters this garage, they never come out the same! Ha Ha!! :welder:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nope, not gonna finish tonight. Definetley a all dayer if not two dayer job. Because hes got the large resi's, it makes it a bit more difficult to install. We are very impressed with the TC kit in that they really do there research and provide you with everything you need and the fact that it truly is a bolt on kit. But its not easy by any means. And Im not the expert here, that would be Happy. Im just a semi skilled set of extra hands. I could do it myself and he definetley can do it himself but it helps to have two working on it as far as time. Like the title of this thread, this is a HappySmiley build, not a Bala build! :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hey marnes, clear your pm box. But heres my answer:

Im not the guy, Happy is. I could do it myself but would not be comfortable doing it on my own to somebody elses rig. I showed happy your message, he said to PM him. He may be gettin a shop up and going some time in the near future. But he can elaborate on that.

And definetly, we will have to hit up some trails soon.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Bala de Plata said:
Hey marnes, clear your pm box. But heres my answer:

Im not the guy, Happy is. I could do it myself but would not be comfortable doing it on my own to somebody elses rig. I showed happy your message, he said to PM him. He may be gettin a shop up and going some time in the near future. But he can elaborate on that.

And definetly, we will have to hit up some trails soon.
Thanks! Sorry, i just cleared it....ill give him a shout

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What's with these upper arm bolts. Man I had to tweak my inner fenders like crazy just to get those bolts out. Don't know why they flipped em from older tacomas, what a PITA!!
Advice to anyone running this kit or upper arms, buy new bolts from toyota (about $14 each) cut the heads of the ones in the arm (old ones) so you can slide them out, then feed the new ones in from rear (lower side) upwards to front (higher side) so you dont have to beat on your inner fenders.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Happysmiley said:
What's with these upper arm bolts. Man I had to tweak my inner fenders like crazy just to get those bolts out. Don't know why they flipped em from older tacomas, what a PITA!!
Advice to anyone running this kit or upper arms, buy new bolts from toyota (about $14 each) cut the heads of the ones in the arm (old ones) so you can slide them out, then feed the new ones in from rear (lower side) upwards to front (higher side) so you dont have to beat on your inner fenders.
Yup i had Demello install my UCA's and it took them a good 20-30min taking out my stock uca, prybar and everything.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
took me like 20 min on one side... under 5 min on the other, lol.

1 - 20 of 966 Posts