TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'll start with someback ground. I bought a landcruiser in may and it came with a york compressor that was not installed. So I put it up on Ih8mud to try and sell it for extra money. I got it sold and send it off, a couple days ago I got a pm from the guy who bought it and said the pulley wasn't in there. I asked him to check again because I packed the box and gave it to my mom to ship off for me because she works at the PO, I KNOW the pulley was in there. He comes back with something about orange bags in the box which also it weird because my mom says no she didnt put them there and nether did I. He also says the box I sent it in was a big brown box. Which is not what it left my house or the PO in. It left in a white box that had the corners cut so I could fold it down to make it smaller.

I really don't know wtf is going on. I don't know if he's trying to screw with me, screw me over or if something weird happened at the PO somewhere on the way to him.

Here are the PMs

HIM:Adam,

I clicked Send just as I noticed the address in my Paypal was still my old address in NC.

Please use the following address.

Jason Traylor
107 Cody Drive
Enterprise AL, 36330

Just want to make sure it goes to the right place.

Thank you,
Jason

ME: I will get it sent put in the next few days after I get the pulley off the crusier.

Thanks Adam

No hurry man, I am in flight school right now and I am gone for about 14 hours a day and then I have to study for another 4 so it doesn't leave much time. I bet I won't get to it until December when I graduate anyway.

Thank you,
Jason

ME:I got the pulley off today so it will go out tomorrow or monday.. Just curious what are you learning to fly?

HIM:Right now I am in the TH-67 (Military for the Bell 205). It is our Training Helicopter. I don't know which advanced aircraft I will endup with for the next few months but I'm hoping for the UH-60 Blackhawk or CH-47 Chinoook.

Enjoy the weekend.

Jason

ME:Thats really cool being a pilot would have been the only reason I would have gone into the Military. I didn't even try and went to school for civil engineering instead.

I finally got some time to open the package. The pulley was not in there. Did you send it in another package?

Thank you,
Jason

ME: Did you take it out? I. Put it between where the bracket mounts to to the motor.. if its not there I will see if it fell out or someting when I get home from fl next saturday

HIM:Hello,

I just went and double checked everything thinking it might be in the Orange bags but it is not there. The box arrived in excellent shape and was not opened.

Thank you,
Jason

ME:Im sorry but im confused Orange bags? I didnt put any orange bags in there. I will ask my mom if she did because I gave it to her to mail off because she works at the post office. It was a white box but in the top corners to make it smaller then 12x12x12 correct?

HIM:No, it was sent in a larger brown cardboard box. I think she used the orange garbage bags to keep the oil from leaking out all over the box and to keep it from bouncing around.

Jason

ME: I talked to my mom about it over dinner all she did was tape up the box and put a shipping label on it. It left the Hixson PO in a white box cut in the corners to make it 12x12x12 so the shipping would be cheaper.

END

Pretty much I'm trying to figure out wtf is going on and im quite confused about the whole thing. What would yall do? Tell him he's crazy and to get bent or what. I know I sent it out right and im not trying to screw anyone im a honest person I got a few people on here that can vouch for that.

Sorry its so long. but its got me tripping out when im suppose to be playing in pcb

Adam

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
I've had the PO repackage an item of mine that apparently "opened" during shipping ... but I seem to remember there being some kind of notice on/inside the box. Ask him if he can take a pic of what the packaging looks like (if he still had it) ... otherwise maybe see if there is some way to investigate the shipment? I have no idea how all that works, but I do know that HE could make a claim thru the post office if he wanted.

Its always best to say "buyer beware" when using the USPS to ship things .. if you want guaranteed service, it's worth the price to ship things UPS or Fedex... in most cases, its actually less expensive for large/heavy items using ground service, and it's 2-4 days compared to a WEEK with USPS.

As for the rest of it ... obviously the package was tampered with, and its not necessarily your fault - I'd apologize to him, but really, tough luck for the buyer because there isn't anything you can do about it now. :2cents:

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
I agree. I feel bad for him, but at the same time if I'm buying a high $$ item I demand the seller ship it insured and of course I'm happy to pay extra for it.

I always suggest insurance to any buyers on an item over the standard insurance coverage value and if they elect not to insure the item it is at their own risk. If you're too cheap to buy insurance thats the risk you take.

You may have to make the claim as the shipper but if they did not have it insured the loss is on them IMO.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didnt think about insuring it. He said to ship it as cheap as it can be shipped. I had delivery conformation on it to make sure it got there but thats it. I asked him for a picture of the shipping label in the box so I can see if the label was changed or something.

I feel bad about everything but if its not the box that I shipped it in and if it was put in orange bags that I didnt do I cant see it being my fault.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
yeah i didn't think ther would be much you could do about it. just aplolgize and try to contact USPS where it might have gone through to see if they have a pulley laying around would be the only thing that might get it to him. that is kind of weird that they would open it up, repackage it and put it in a different box.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i didn't think ther would be much you could do about it. just aplolgize and try to contact USPS where it might have gone through to see if they have a pulley laying around would be the only thing that might get it to him. that is kind of weird that they would open it up, repackage it and put it in a different box.
very weird I dont see how that would happen but oh well

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Him:Adam,

Hopefully you found the pulley. If not we need to come to an agreement on the setup. It is virtually worthless without the pulley but it does not make sense for me to send it back becuase of the shipping price.

I see it a couple of ways. #1 you can find another pulley from another member and ship it to me or we can come to an agreement on the price of the unit and refund some of the money. The last would be I ship the whole thing back but that would be a waste of $40 dollars on your part for shipping.

Let me know what you want to do.

Jason

The latest.. I haven't said anything back, mostly because I don't really know what to say or do. I understand why he is mad but at the same time I did everything I was suppose to do. I don't think he's seeing that at all.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
i wrote a really long reply to you ... and then accidentally hit the back button ... ugh!

contact a mod/admin on ih8mud - let them know of the situation, that you sent everything, packaged was opened/changed during shipment, missing a part when he got it, and he did not insure the shipment, wanted it sent cheaply thru usps .... now he wants money back for a part that you DID send. That way, they can moderate if/when he tries to bad mouth you on the forum over there.

as for a reply - write something to the extent of:

Jason,

Unfortunately, you chose to not insure the package through USPS. I sent all of the included parts to you, like I said I would, and packaged them myself. Apparently, the boxes were opened at some point during shipment and repackaged. The pulley must have been removed or lost when this happened and therefore the responsibility of the postal service. If you had insured the box, this would not be an issue, because we could have made a claim on it through the USPS. But, because it was not insured, it is not my obligation to refund you any money, because i DID send the parts that I said I would, in a timely manner through the shipping method of your preference. It is unfortunate that this happened, but its really out of my hands. I'm just a regular guy, not a business. Its not like I have extra pulleys laying around. I am sorry, but you have to realize that it is by no mistake of my own that the shipment did not arrive to you the way I sent it. I've informed the moderators of ih8mud of this situation, and hope that you will see that this must be an important lesson in insuring USPS shipments, or using a better service like UPS or FedEx for things you can't afford to lose.

Again, I am sorry, but this is out of my hands.

-Adam

kind of harsh, but his message sounded like he was being a jerk trying to push you around...

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
by the way, because he did not send it to the "Confirmed" address in his paypal, i'm pretty sure he CANNOT use their buyer protection thing ... so if he tried to dispute the payment or make a paypal claim, thats all you have to say to get it reversed!

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Jason,

I did my part and shipped as you requested, you could have purchased insurance but you chose not to. I can't afford to refund some of the money because you were cheap and chose not to purchase insurance. Good luck finding a pulley.

-Adam

I like Nicole's reply too. Mine is the lazy version.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies guys.. I decided to be a little nicer then that at first. I have a feeling he's probably going to be a dick about it though and when he is I am going to nicely tell him to piss off.

Thanks for taking the time to write all that out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts