TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres my rig ::

and since these pics my shackle mount has been moved back and i have a good shackle angle now
specs :
1986 standard cab shortbed
22r from factory, 22re mut now with no emissions hooked up :rolleyes: (previous owner)
1979' front axle
trail-gear rebuild kit and wheel bearings
82 LC rotors redrilled to fit my 6 hole wheel hubs )because i didnt want to fork out $70 for a 79' LC rotor)
5.29s front and rear
spool rear opne front
procrap 4'' front springs
trail-gear hanger/ shackle kit
trail-gear steering
f150 rears with got damn huge shackle from an explorer
soon it will have some homebrew shackles (6'' e2e)
rear shackle mount moved back 2''
35'' baja claws on chevy ralley wheels will soon have 38x12.5x15 tsls on these wheels with weld-on beadlocks

as for my driveshafts...i think i am going to have my front shaft lengthened and run in the rear to have a cv, make a square shaft for the front with the rear without a cv..anyone run this setup ?? how do you like it ??

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Looks like you could use a new windshield! Keep us posted on the driveshafts, I've got to figure something out for mine, soon. I think I'm going to try to run CVs on both front and rear to help reduce the angle, or make the angle better, I should say.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the broken windshield resulted from my friend squatting down on to it when we pulled my motor back in september

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
You can get a custom drive shaft at this shop on 41. Ive got the card in my truck ill get that for you later. And Kyle and Travis are running square driveshafts. They are 100 bucks from a buddy of ours in cummings. You drop it off and pick it up. Let me know if you need either numbers.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blitanicle99 said:
You can get a custom drive shaft at this shop on 41. Ive got the card in my truck ill get that for you later. And Kyle and Travis are running square driveshafts. They are 100 bucks from a buddy of ours in cummings. You drop it off and pick it up. Let me know if you need either numbers.
what shop off 41 ?? where ???

·
Registered
296 Posts
It is called American Driveline or something like that. It is across the street from the big RV place between Barett Pky and 75 on 41. They are real nice people to deal with.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Will! Where the hell have you been!?! And the number is..... 7704274898 Drive shaft service

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
heres an update guys...

waiting on thirds (friend is setting them up) then get a rear driveshaft made..freakin taking forever

motor is all back together now, tried to start it friday (but did not succeed in starting) then i figure out i have a blown head gasket as oil was leaking from around the head at the timing cover i guess it happened from the last wheelin trip somehow i hit a rock and broke the water pump belt and didnt realize it until i was almost home 2 miles later but this week i am pulling the head, cleaning all that shit up in there after i already replaced the manifold gasket, so i guess i'll have a spare one...

it will get resurfaced/milled whatever this weekend, and get a new starter this weekend aswell to hopefully start it then...

tried to clearance my IFS cv tonight to make a square shaft, but the ujoint caps wouldnt budge at all so i plan to get another yoke and flange to go on the tcase end and run the ifs yoke on the diff. end

damn, all this crap adds up REALLY fast and i have about $300 left from my insurance check to do a head job, resurface head ($30 since i know a guy ) get a driveshaft made and get a yoke/ flange and more oil/filter now, and no telling what else

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
91toyota4x4 said:
With a single tcase even a clearanced IFS CV will bind, at least mine does. I'm goinf to regualar UJoints at both ends.
thats what im doing...finding a rear shaft and the flange and cutting it up and makin a square

1 - 15 of 15 Posts