TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://obits.caller.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewobit&ID=33321

I just found out about this and was touched and taken back by my feelings.
My mom used to babysit him and his baby brother and changed his diapers. He was a cute readheaded kid who would follow me around. His parents were known as the "windsurfurs" to me and the kids were a part of my growing up as they lived accross the street from me. It has been 20 years yet as soon as my mom mentioned the family I remembered them.
Semper Fi Marine

·
Kill Yourself!
2,091 Posts
YUNADERIS said:
R.I.P

my cousin is special forces and we dont hear from him much now, and when we do, the whole family breathes a bit easier...

My condolensces to you and the family....

This my sound weird, But anyone that has family in the service know that no news is good news.

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YUNADERIS said:
R.I.P

my cousin is special forces and we dont hear from him much now, and when we do, the whole family breathes a bit easier...

My condolensces to you and the family....

It hits close to home, and it makes everyone realize how close the community is. You can never forget how special every individual is. I am proud of this Marine and will always remember that redheaded kid from accross the street.

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BK005 said:
My buddy at work gave a eoulogy at his funeural yesterday, they were good friends. Very Sad..
Indeed, I am away at Alaskas and have not been following the papers closely. I would have attended had I been home.

I called my Mother since it is Sunday and I am having Christmas dinner at my house(had to make invitations) and that is when I found out. He lived a charmed but short life. I feel a great deal of respect for his dedication and sacrifice. I also feel sad that he didn't get to come home from his time in battle and continue his life, but honored that he was willing to do so much.

Everyone- If you see a servieman/woman in an airport or a public place be sure to thank them. These are great American youth and we should mourn each and every one that we lose. They shall not be lost in vain.

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Crash said:
This my sound weird, But anyone that has family in the service know that no news is good news.
That is very true. oOn the flipside, even if they may not have time to write, write them, e-mail them let them know you are thinking of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts