TTORA Forum banner

861 - 878 of 878 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
For the cab heat, check into Dynamat or Dynadeck insulation. We've ran that on a few trucks in the shop and it helps a ton. Costs about half a ton, but it's well worth it to avoid burning your tootsies while wheeling.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #862
For the cab heat, check into Dynamat or Dynadeck insulation. We've ran that on a few trucks in the shop and it helps a ton. Costs about half a ton, but it's well worth it to avoid burning your tootsies while wheeling.
Thanks I'll look into it.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Why is it so hot in cab? Exhaust or is it coming through the firewall?

What temp is the engine running at? Is your temp gauge correct?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #864
Why is it so hot in cab? Exhaust or is it coming through the firewall?

What temp is the engine running at? Is your temp gauge correct?
Sorry, don't know how I missed this. It's hot from a bigger engine in there and no heat shielding. I'm looking in to putting some in after full hydro install. The temp runs about 150 in the winter and anywhere from 180-210 depends on if we are wheeling or not. During wheeling it runs 210 with the fan running.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #865
In other new, full hydro kit arrives monday, so now install begins. My high flow pump from PSC will arrive tomorrow. So excited to get it on and together, hopefully the bleeding process will be better than it was on the crusher......lol that was miserable. Pics to come.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
what is peak operating temp for that motor? 210 is probably about right for a bowtie. Dodges run around 220 and Ford around 200.

You using a PSC ram this time?

HA on the bleeding process :surprise:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #867
what is peak operating temp for that motor? 210 is probably about right for a bowtie. Dodges run around 220 and Ford around 200.

You using a PSC ram this time?

HA on the bleeding process :surprise:
No using PSC pump and pulley and TGs Full hydro kit. I think peak temp is 180-210.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #868
Well got the full hydro on and working like a champ, just need to tune it in to better run on the street. Say goodbye to ever running I-25 again.....so Wakkjobb, if running eagle rock I will not be following you on I-25....lol.

Here is the end product and the stupid trail gear filter and res set up(man that thing is large).

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #869
In other new Felix and I were on TV. We were featured on Stacey David's Gearz in a segement called what are you working on?It's season 10 episode 2 Sgt Rock interior. It aired on 1/9/16 on Velocity and will air again on 2/27/16. Here is the youtube video of the segment that I took.

https://youtu.be/UN0O-ho7B0M

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #870
So learning all I can about full hydro steering. Tow in and tow out is a big deal and apparently caster.....lol. Took Felix into Pepboys and got numbers of where the alignment was. Thanks to Brad the tow in was great. The caster after building my front end from scratch was -2 degrees. So big problem.....my front upper link was pulled in all the way.
So decided to to cut the upper link after talking with Matt at Rock Ware. Fiquring Matt just getting back from KOH, and running his rig at higher speed. Matt told me he runs his rig at 7-10 positive caster because at negative caster the tires push down on the road which makes the vehicle pull one way or the other.

So cut 1.5in off the upper link and re-installed. 100% better!!! I can now do 55mph without feeling like I might kill someone. Checking out numbers tomorrow to see what the caster is now.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #873
So pulled the transmission last weekend after it started popping. Here is the internals:

Yea, gear is toast. So started to out source a new trans.....welll they are getting harder and harder to find. Decided to take it to a trans shop to see what would be cheaper. Well found an amazing toy transmission and transfer case shop down around 8th street.

Matt with Precision Standards. He only does manuals and he has transmissions and transfer cases laying everywhere.

After talking with him, we got on the conversation of the w56 trans....he ended up having one that he would sell. So long story short tomorrow I'm going to pick up a w56 and he is even changing it over for a forward shift transfer case for no extra charge! How did I not know about this guy...lol. So excited to be getting a new trans thats beefyer than mine and I don't have to cut another hole in the floor or change the transfer case to top shift. :D

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
ouch!!!

what transmission was in there?

Had too look it up. But i got some bearings and seals from him when i rebuilt my uncles shitty teraflex Tcase and Ax-15 tranny. - Good guy to deal with. Thanks for mentioning it, as i forgot their name.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #875
ouch!!!

what transmission was in there?

Had too look it up. But i got some bearings and seals from him when i rebuilt my uncles shitty teraflex Tcase and Ax-15 tranny. - Good guy to deal with. Thanks for mentioning it, as i forgot their name.
Yea, great guy. Well I had a 1983ish g52 in it. I bought a 1985ish w56 trans from him and he converted the tail housing to fit with my forward shift t case. I was excited that everything fit together and I got a heavier trans.

Installed the new trans yesterday and found out the tail housing for the w56 doesn't allow enough room for the forward shift to move. So took it back out and now weighing my options.
1. Convert forward shift t case to top shift and buy a new tail housing and shift rail from Matt. Cut new hole in the floor. Never have this problem again.

Or
2. Rebuild my g52 with new gear and bearings,and possibly need it rebuilt in the future because it's said that the g52s Don't hold up against the power of the 4.3I engine.

Over all very annoyed and 😞 disappointed.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #878
Ended up coverting the tcase to top shift and keeping the w56. Pics to come tomorrow after install.

861 - 878 of 878 Posts