TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Aftershock yesterday and I either . . .

blew one of the seals in the pump-

blew one of the hoses.

With 35 inch Krawlers aired down to 8 psi trying to turn with the ARB on to get up a few waterfalls, I know I boiled the ATF in there. I need a cooler!!! and hydro steer! :xcrybaby:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best tires I have ever owned at 8psi they freaking stuck to everything, bulged like a mo-fo, but with 2.5 inch backspaced wheels and the ARB ingaged up front they are nearly impossible to turn in the rocks. I need hydro steer as well, but then again, I need a lot of stuff for this rig before I ever head out the Hammers again.

P.S. I only run them on the trail. They are too freaking expensive to run them on the street. I bought them back with they were like $208 a tire.

·
Registered
828 Posts
i need new tires and mt/rs are so IN to have :)
i am looking at the iroks, mt/r's, tsl radials

lots of choices....

hydro steer might be your friend and at the top of your list....a full setup for hydro assist is only 2-400 bucks....that includes tapping...i like Dicks idea of making the reservoir larger..makes sense and more fluid if not a bad thing

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would not go with the swampers. I saw a set at the Hammers and he couldn't grip anything worth a crap. Set up Jeep too, but his tires just sucked. MTRs are probably your best bet for 37s. I knew from the get go that I was going to run two sets. I have seen the Krawlers work so well, that I was, well .. . in love.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YUNADERIS said:
the iroks come in 37's too :)
i have seen the tsl radials rock, they are a good wheeling tire, just some people dont know how to wheel and the tires get a bad rap :)

mt/rs are priced well...just hate to run them since DIck Foster runs them :)
hehe
I'm going to disagree with you on the TSLs.(that is what this guy had) While they are tuff as nails the sidewall is almost too stiff forcing you to air down to 5 psi to get a decent bit on the rocks.

IROKs, I almost went with these, but decided against it. Balancing issues.

MTRs- I didn't have good luck with my last set and I didn't wat to be like everyone else in my 4x4 club. :D

·
Banned
262 Posts
I don't have a cooler on my full hydro setup yet, but i think with my tank size, and my smallish tires(36" iroks), I'll be cool. When I go to the 40" range, I'll add a cooler.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
YUNADERIS said:
the iroks come in 37's too :)
i have seen the tsl radials rock, they are a good wheeling tire, just some people dont know how to wheel and the tires get a bad rap :)

mt/rs are priced well...just hate to run them since DIck Foster runs them :)
hehe
the iroks kick ass out here, i just dont like there sidewall. i wish they made a 42" crawlwer (do they?) lol. not sure if the TSL's would work well out there, they do great out here but thats at 3psi bead locks and lots of skinny peddle. MT/R's suck out here but the few places where we have nothing but rock they kick major ass. so i guess its a toss up. every tire has its + and -'s, hell just get some 20" bling bling nitto dirt whatevers :D

·
Rock Vapor
170 Posts
Definatley run a cooler. I am running 2 infact. With the cooler/filter combo from summit I was still getting temps of 240oF + in the return line, and that was before I hooked up my HA. I added a second traditional aux tranny cooler and now I am below 140oF all the time.

·
Banned
262 Posts
TMS2U said:
Definatley run a cooler. I am running 2 infact. With the cooler/filter combo from summit I was still getting temps of 240oF + in the return line, and that was before I hooked up my HA. I added a second traditional aux tranny cooler and now I am below 140oF all the time.
Got a link to the filter cooler, and/or some pics of yours?

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
i have just used a tranny cooler plumbed into the low pressure return line.

·
Registered
828 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Chuck-

Whose set up are you running? I am looking at rocklogics as they are on sale and I have heard nothing but good things about them.

·
Registered
650 Posts
im running a redneck.
dick hated his, but mine has been fine. also know a lot of people who have had leaky redneck rams. i'd definetley check out rock logic as i have also heard good stuff about them.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts