TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brandon is going to fab up a rear bumper and asked me to share some pix of ******'s tail-end for attachment ideas. I got this from a guy out of state, and had it tweeked and installed by a fabber-dude in Dawsonville. The core is a simple receiver-hitch. We were careful to not remove any rust, or paint over anything, to keep that "often-used" look. :eek: Hope this helps! :welder:

If I could change something, I would probably have the sides hug the truck a little closer, and tuck the rear a little closer to the vehicle.
-----------------------------------

-----------------------------------

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Mike - why is there a O2 sensor flung out of your rear bumper?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
thats what it looks like. lol. I assume its your CB antenna?
When you gonna get a new firestick?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that is a special sensor, yeah... its a possum detector. :missingto

but i might remove it and attach it to a new CB antenna...someday... If it doesn't work as a possum sniffer.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
you have a thing for possums dont you Mike....

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
that is a really cool bumper, simple and clean. The spacing looks good to me, keeping a bit of a gap is good. It give the bumper some room to bend when it and it won't hit your vehicle. Also the bumper will hit an obstacle sooner and keep the obstacle away from your truck.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that is a really cool bumper, simple and clean. The spacing looks good to me, keeping a bit of a gap is good. It give the bumper some room to bend when it and it won't hit your vehicle. Also the bumper will hit an obstacle sooner and keep the obstacle away from your truck.
I appreciate your comment on that. :) We like simple.

·
Registered
19 Posts
cool thanks for the pics zee, that is what i thought of doing except i have a little problem with my hitch...
...where can i get a new reciever -hitch and mounts for my 4runner? I would like to find a reciever that is strong enough to withstand being pulled out of the mud every now and then (not too often anymore since i have wised up and decided to stay away from the evil clay). Thanks again man.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool! One of those "sideways hitches". Makes it easier to park!
I bet you can find a runner in a junkyard ( i know of a few right now) that have them on. Just get a replacement and bend some tube.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cool! One of those "sideways hitches". Makes it easier to park!
I bet you can find a runner in a junkyard ( i know of a few right now) that have them on. Just get a replacement and bend some tube.
Good, i hope they are fairly common since i am heading to SE4RJ4 in a couple weeks now and i still need a rear bumper...not good. We are about to get a killer deal on some steel tubing.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
there's plenty of hitch places that can provide that thing too, if you can get something in a class 5 that will fit it'll be over-the-t0p strong.

·
Registered
19 Posts
okay cool, you think a Uhaul store or something would have what i need? I am just unsure of where you can buy a reciever for our specific application.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
a quick google search should render up many hitch places near you with no problems. the hitch construction here is simple, its a pair of plates which attch to the frame and come down and back, then a 3" square heavy guage tube is welded up in between them, and that is your main hitch bar. the receiver is smaller tube welded to that in the center. not many pieces.

look at this pic:

http://www.hidden-hitch.com/prod.asp?pc=75023
:welder:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts