TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive been debating exhaust for awhile. However definatly not going the magnaflow, flowmaster or cherry bomb style tho.
This sound
Is what I am trying to achieve.
It may be made for something fast but that sounds hella better than any other V6 flowmasters.
Heres my problem. They dont make just the mufflers just canister style.
Any ideas on how to get this muffler on without making it look completely retarted?
Maybe just leave it under the bed? Is that safe? Legal in GA?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Just a little pointer:

Ok, we have muffler 'X.' When put on a 5.7 v8 everyone (for the most part will say its cool. Now put muffler 'X' on a 4cyl for a obvious example. It'll probably sound gay.

You have a different motor, it'll sound different.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
x2 on the engine making a HUGE difference.
for example, I had a 04 silverado ss with 6.0l no headers and flows...thing sounded crazy!
I also at the same time had a chevy tahoe 5.7 with headers and put flows (same series) and it sounded like a meek little mouse compared to the larger displaced engine of the SS. no replacment for displacment
Imo unless you HAVE to replace the muffler dont. But to each thier own ;)

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Infiniti I35 is a 3.5 V6 Dual over head cam 24 valve motor.
My Tacoma is a 3.4 V6 DOHC 24 Valve motor.
A tenth of a liter..?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or take this ...
for example. A 3.0 NA DOHC 24 Valve motor that sounds very mean in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw that video today searching for exhaust tones. No not that. A little raspy for me..

·
Banned
966 Posts
check out the mufflers found on Nissan's G35, 350z, and FX. they have a distinctive sound, and not too loud.

·
Registered
151 Posts
that's because of the beautiful vq series motor but even that motor in front wheel drive configuaration doesn't sound the same. ie maxima, altima

·
Registered
232 Posts
Mmmmm...VQ35.....

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shit thats a good idea... Ive seen somebody put some G35 mufflers on S2Ks and it sounded nice.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Honestly I had flowmasters on my old Taurus (yes I know) it was the 3.8 v6 and I hated the sound of it. Im not going that route again.

·
Registered
427 Posts
what happened said:
its more on the throwty side, its the "camera" mic that i was using not a camcorder..... my sig says it all...

hmm i have a 14" magna flow and hate the sound of it your running 2.5" spintech?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts