TTORA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys...moving back to tx from co for recruiting duty at the end of the month. i'll be recruiting out of killeen and spent 7 years there before going to co for 2 years. i don't know how much time i'll have to wheel, but i'm gonna try to get out as much as i can. i'm originally from wa, i'm married, and have 2 kids (Rylee & Diesel).

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j217/rock_krawler24/DSCN0441.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j217/rock_krawler24/DSCN0440.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j217/rock_krawler24/DSCN0439.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j217/rock_krawler24/DSCN0006.jpg

gotta show off the powerstroke!

·
Old School
938 Posts
Welcome back to Texas !! Hope to see ya at a WAT or on the trails sometime...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wouldn't mind hitting some real trails down there. last time all i got was tickets for wheelin' on ft. hood.:banghead:

·
Old School
938 Posts
i wouldn't mind hitting some real trails down there. last time all i got was tickets for wheelin' on ft. hood.:banghead:
I hear ya. Never got to wheel there when it was legal. Heard it had some decent trails. There are a number of places not too far from you that are legal, within about 2 hrs or so. Katemcy is a sweet spot. Longs Ranch is in that area too. Think there is one other. SA isn't too far either. We got a area that has some fun places to play. I think it is legal but don't quote me on that. I sure hope it still is :) Called Devil's Den...

Eventually I plan to move to that area. My father in law has a place out there I hope to inherit, right on the edge of Ft Hood in a little town called Pidcoke. See - http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/PP/hnp29.html

Quote "In 1884 Pidcoke had a public school, two gristmills, two cotton gins, three churches, and a population of 150." The public school it mentions is where I would live :) My father in law bought it and turned it into a house. Place is sweet. On 5 acres w/ a creek behind it. I got some sweet plans for it...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would like to get a house in kempner/lampassas area but i'm a little gun-shy since i'm trying to sell my house in colorado springs....once again:banghead:

·
Old School
938 Posts
i would like to get a house in kempner/lampassas area but i'm a little gun-shy since i'm trying to sell my house in colorado springs....once again:banghead:
I hear ya. I wouldn't mind living in the Austin area again. I lived there for 5 yrs. Also lived in CO for 5 yrs. Boulder, Westminister, and Lafayette. Had a friend that lived in the CO Springs area. My mom and sister live in Denver...

Good luck selling your place...

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
welcome Chad,

Another chad ,cool
We have monthly meeting on the last friday of every month, so keep you eye out for that on where it will be. we also have TX TO on June 22-23 @ longs ranch and National TO in New mexico August 2-3 I believe.

Look forward to meeting you chad and chating. If you have any concerns or question pm or email me about anything.

yeah the closest places to wheel are clines ,trees ranch,katemcy ,brazos valley and I believe TMTC has a new park opening up close to SA. And devils den is off limits on the creek parts.

·
Old School
938 Posts
And devils den is off limits on the creek parts.
You'll have to show me the areas that are not off limits as I will probably be getting most of my wheelin fixes here in SA :)

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Welcome Chad!

And SA Chad, anywhere in the creekbed is off limits. Although some folks still wheel down there.............I'm guessing M-F are better days for that! It is patrolled.....just ask any of the 9 of us who were asked to leave last time a big group of us went to the Devils Den! :mad:

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Welcome Chad!

And SA Chad, anywhere in the creekbed is off limits. Although some folks still wheel down there.............I'm guessing M-F are better days for that! It is patrolled.....just ask any of the 9 of us who were asked to leave last time a big group of us went to the Devils Den! :mad:
Like Tavis said...

Here is the write up on that day...Da Den Is Closed hyperlink

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
with recruiting i'll probably be putting in pretty long hours and my only days off will probably be sundays, unless i have put enough people in for that month (if you want to join the u.s. army give me a call). so i really don't know when i'll have a chance to go wheelin' or to m&g/wat's. but i'll try to make as many as i can.

·
9,051 Posts
Just got the chance to view your rides, nice. Only suggestion is to sell your step sides with functional sliders. Your body panel will thank you for it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'm not gonna lie, the tacoma is my wife's daily driver. but since i got rid of my jeep i use it for wheelin' (when she let's me). but she does want an exo-skeleton.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
i'm not gonna lie, the tacoma is my wife's daily driver. but since i got rid of my heep i use it for wheelin' (when she let's me). but she does want an exo-skeleton.
even it its your wifes truck, you still made a good choice:D

welcome aboard!

·
9,051 Posts
Just got the chance to view your rides, nice. Only suggestion is to sell your step sides with functional sliders. Your body panel will thank you for it.
i'm not gonna lie, the tacoma is my wife's daily driver. but since i got rid of my jeep i use it for wheelin' (when she let's me). but she does want an exo-skeleton.
Hey you could always play "Its safer" sort of a anti-intrusion bar for side impacts! :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.