TTORA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some opinions on shift kits for the a340f. It seems like the 2 big options are the transgo kit and the sonnax zip kit. Does anyone have experience with either of these or both together? Also, is there any way to identify the valve body type without pulling the pan? I put a transgo kit on my is300 and liked the firmer shifts. Also, I'm struggling with getting the overdrive to stay in. Seems like it does not want to drop into overdrive or if it does it likes to drop out of overdrive with any added load like a hill or slight acceleration. I'm running 33s but felt like the truck did it with stocks as well. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a band-aid if are having shifting problems with the 33" tires. Maybe consider re-gearing?
I feel like the truck had the issue with stock size. Just doesn't stay in OD it likes to drop down to 4th. Hoping it's just a clogged exhaust casing low power mixed with low line pressure causing poor apply power. Either way, I'd hate to blow the trans up so giving it some upgrades would do it some good and hopefully take care of the OD issue. I did something similar with my a650e with better line pressure and it would hold gears better, not nearly longer but it held the gear harder and felt more solid in its decision. I guess I'll just email both companies and find out. I find that by completely lifting my foot so the rpm drops then re-applying I can get OD to engage but any hill or any acceleration and it drops back out. Maybe more apply pressure and it will let me get higher throttle without hoping out of OD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts