TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than a stiffer ride and more load carring capabilities are there any other things to look for good or bad with AAL's? Im thinking on getting the deaver progressive 3 leaf aal. My truck is a street qween so having a softer ride maybe out of the question. Thanks.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
TRDUSA2002 said:
Other than a stiffer ride and more load carring capabilities are there any other things to look for good or bad with AAL's? Im thinking on getting the deaver progressive 3 leaf aal. My truck is a street qween so having a softer ride maybe out of the question. Thanks.
I personally think you can't go wrong with that particular AAL. Because it's has 3 leaves, rather than a single one, the ride is not as stiff. The lift is divided up between the three, rather than relying on a single spring. If if you can't find someone with that AAL installed and get a ride in it, as well as a single aal.

Stay away from the Downey long AALs, they have a reputation for breaking.

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
atwinda said:
I personally think you can't go wrong with that particular AAL. Because it's has 3 leaves, rather than a single one, the ride is not as stiff. The lift is divided up between the three, rather than relying on a single spring. If if you can't find someone with that AAL installed and get a ride in it, as well as a single aal.

Stay away from the Downey long AALs, they have a reputation for breaking.
Thanks for the reply. I was checking out past questions about aal's so by removing the overload spring and replacing it with a 3 aal not only are you getting lift but are you getting some load carring capabilties as well? My thing is i want to lift the rear with out spending a chit load of money but at the same time i dont want to loose my payload either. How hard is it to install the deaver 3 aal? Are there any tricks on how to do it? Thanks.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
TRDUSA2002 said:
Thanks for the reply. I was checking out past questions about aal's so by removing the overload spring and replacing it with a 3 aal not only are you getting lift but are you getting some load carring capabilties as well? My thing is i want to lift the rear with out spending a chit load of money but at the same time i dont want to loose my payload either. How hard is it to install the deaver 3 aal? Are there any tricks on how to do it? Thanks.
I'm not to sure about load capacity.. I know that I can carry a crap load more crap in my bed now with my rebuild, and seeing as how the 3 leaf add pack is basically the same thing, I couldn't see why it wouldn't up your capacity.

It's a piece of cake to install, and the trick is only undo the u-bolts one side at a time and to have a jack under the axle when you do. It's really pretty straight forward.. Obviously, on a level surface so the truck doesn't roll anywhere(still put something in front of the tires), and misalign the axle under the springs or anything like that.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
TRDUSA2002 said:
You don't get any more load capacity total, but you do handle weight better. I have the 3 leaf pack, and it is firmer than stock, but it still squashes down if you load it. Deaver will get you an extra leaf if you so desire to combat this problem. For most of what I do, it is great.

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rojodiablo said:
You don't get any more load capacity total, but you do handle weight better. I have the 3 leaf pack, and it is firmer than stock, but it still squashes down if you load it. Deaver will get you an extra leaf if you so desire to combat this problem. For most of what I do, it is great.
Thanks man.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts