TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to Abiquiu Sat Aug 28th. I'm going to try and get there around 9am and wheel The Webb. In the afternoon I'm going to try and find the play area behind the school.

Leni

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that any place a 4Runner on 32s, front and rear lockers and no protection could go? I've only been to Abiquiu once and it was pretty rough. I have no idea what trail it was.
Totally depends on how much you care about body panels. :D :D

The Webb is the ugly trail, but I'm going to try and find the play area in the afternoon next sat which is supposed to have stuff for everyone.

I made it thought (4runner on 35's) last time without any damage until close to the end when I chose to take the harder route out. Took out both rear tailights and the drivers door on one obstacle. But only cause I tried the hard way.

Leni

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jung, I can hit up the play area in the morning if you want to come up. I just want to get out wheelin and don't care where we go first.

Leni

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The trail ride was interesting. We went down the Area 155 to play around first. I made the mistake of trying to drive over a rock ridge about 30 min into the day and tore out my front drive shaft. We then spent 4hrs winching and hi-lifting my truck off the rock. We made it up to The Webb but only wheeled the first 100 yards as another friend with a ifs Tacoma cut a BFG.

It was a day of carnage.

Future plans include:
- 2.5" sch 40 pipe front d-shaft
- full skid plate

Leni

p.s. I'll post pics latter

1 - 15 of 15 Posts