TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up guys I’m going to go look at a 2018 Tacoma TRD off road. I have a concern. They are claiming it is a TRD but I see no decals on the side. It does have the lockers, push to start, crawl assist and others. Is there any other things I should look at to confirm it is a true TRD? I am posting a picture of it below. Thanks I’m advance!

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,586 Posts
Since lockers can be added aftermarket, just having a locker isn't a key indicator. About the only true way to know is to contact Toyota and inquire with the VIN number.

·
Registered
2001 DDSB Tacoma, 2002 4Runner with bumpers and lift, 2008 Rav4
15 Posts
A good friend of mine has decided to de-badge his TRD because he thinks it is too close to the word- TURD. Could that be the answer? VIN lookup should tell you.

·
Registered
451 Posts
A good friend of mine has decided to de-badge his TRD because he thinks it is too close to the word- TURD. Could that be the answer? VIN lookup should tell you.
I want a set of TuRD wheels but would have a hard time bragging about it being a TuRD. Did marketing really think that through?

It like Point Of Sale being a POS (Credit/Debit card machine at the register). We used to have customers (pharmacy support) call in and complain about their POS. REALLY? What did you expect, lol?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2018 TRD off road double cab has all the things you listed and has literally zero trd badging. I am the second owner so i assumed the first owner just liked the debadged look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Reppin the Flips on TTORA
816 Posts
Perfect opportunity to place a TTORA decal in its place.
Automotive tail & brake light Car Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts