TTORA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I suspect this has been discussed before but it's hard to search. I have a 98 4x4 w/v6. When I accelerate at WOT, I can feel a distinct power loss upon reaching about 3500 rpm or so. This is with the engine fully warmed up. I believe it's done this since the day I bought it so I just kind of assumed it's just a characteristic of this engine but it would be nice to know for sure.

I'm not sure if it happens every time as I have not tried this repeatedly but when it happens it's like someone applid the brakes. It's not a huge power loss but it happens very suddenly. It's also not any where near the rev limit.

Anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I think that I might know what you are tlaking about but havent thought much of it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes,

I have done a couple of tune ups - It's kind of like dented says, not a real big deal unless you drive at WOT a lot but I was just wondering if others had noticed or if was just me.

BTW, the engine is still runs smooth at WOT past 3k rpms, so it's not like it's missing or anything (or at least not that I could tell).

I'll test it out again to see if it's consistent.

·
Registered
871 Posts
With that engine its likely the mass air flow meter is not reading enough air, but its not bad enough yet to cause the check light. If you can get ahold of a scan tool with a data stream you can check the fuel trim, or just clean the maf with electronics cleaner stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts