TTORA Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2000 Land Cruiser that is having ABS issues and am looking for some advice. The ABS Light and Alarm are on and the brakes go to the floor. I have replaced the battery and checked the ABS fuses. From what I currently understand, I am left with the possibility of dealing with a faulty ABS accumulator. From the cursory research I have done, this seems to be an expensive component with no real way to test whether it is actually faulty or if it is something else. Has anyone on this forum had a similar issue and if so, what were the results of your troubleshooting. Furthermore, has anyone replaced the accumulator and what was that like. I have seen online that the accumulator can be purchased for around 600 usd. I have also seen that you must purchase the full assembly for anywhere between 2 and 3 thousand usd. Also, does anyone know of a method to determine for a fact that the accumulator is the culprit. My goal is to exhaust the resources available in troubleshooting this issue before investing that amount of money in a part. Any advice would be much appreciated and I thank you all for your kindess!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts