TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have been having a problem with my abs on my 99 4x4 3.4 TRD Tacoma. It has about 100000 miles on it, I changed my brake fluid a wile ago and it's not low. The problem is every once and a wile the ABS light will start to blink after about 10 minutes of driving. The scary part is sometimes when I'm slowing down in dry non skid conditions the ABS will actually kick in and preventing me from stopping as fast. I want to put the ABS fuse so I don't have to worry about that but does anyone know what’s wrong?

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the info but I didn't find anything with my symptoms. Also does anyone know which ABS fuse to pull b/c I only see the big one in my engine compartment. I read that there is another one in the cab on the lower left had side of the dash, but i can't seem to fine the fuse for it.

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
871 Posts
Sounds like a wheel speed sensor is going bad. I don't know which fuse to pull, but when the light is blinking, you need to short two terminals in the diagnostic plug under the hood. Then the light will blink a code at you. I think its still Te and e1 to short. Short those two and see if the abs light blinks a certain number, like 2 blinks then a pause and then 3 blinks. Once you get the code it will be much easier to fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey
I have a 1998 tacoma 4x4 limited and I have the same problem with the abs kicking in when I'm slowing down gradually on dry pavement. I've done some work with the blink codes and they say two things; left front wheel speed sensor and deceleration sensor, I've replaced the wheel speed sensor but not the deceleration sensor. The problem remains as do the codes. I had one mechanic say he chased it all the way to the abs computer. I'm just trying to avoid replacing unnecesary parts.

·
Banned
225 Posts
Hey
I have a 1998 tacoma 4x4 limited and I have the same problem with the abs kicking in when I'm slowing down gradually on dry pavement. I've done some work with the blink codes and they say two things; left front wheel speed sensor and deceleration sensor, I've replaced the wheel speed sensor but not the deceleration sensor. The problem remains as do the codes. I had one mechanic say he chased it all the way to the abs computer. I'm just trying to avoid replacing unnecesary parts.
why dont you replace the deceleraton sensor? how much is it?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
The wheel sensors are 150sh a piece!

Have you had your brake system power bled?

Wally

1 - 9 of 9 Posts