TTORA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on swapping my front calipers (1985 4Runner) out for the V6 calipers, and FJ vented rotors. Since it is also recommended that I replace the MC at the same time, I am looking at a few options. I found a 1993 pick-up with the calipers, and master cylinder, but the guy says that the truck had ABS. I know that the preferred is the 1.0" non-ABS MC, but will the larger ABS MC work as well?

Also, how is $40 for a pair of used calipers, and $45 for the MC/booster?

·
Registered
411 Posts
great price on the used parts, but make sure you check the pads. II dont know the difference on the abs/ non abs mc so i cant help you there.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
great price on the used parts, but make sure you check the pads. II dont know the difference on the abs/ non abs mc so i cant help you there.
Thanks, I was planning on checking the pads, and most likely replacing those at the same time. I have a "guy" who works at an auto parts store, and can get me his friends and family price on the rotors and pads. I guess he could do the calipers and MC too, but I doubt he could beat that price.

·
Registered
462 Posts
- there's no difference in the MC between ABS and non-ABS
- if it has a 4 bolt mount, it'll bolt onto any other Toyota with a 4 bolt mount (Supra, Celica, truck, 4runner, etc)
- most 'Yota MC's have the bore size cast onto the side of the MC, go with 1", larger is not better

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
- there's no difference in the MC between ABS and non-ABS
- if it has a 4 bolt mount, it'll bolt onto any other Toyota with a 4 bolt mount (Supra, Celica, truck, 4runner, etc)
- most 'Yota MC's have the bore size cast onto the side of the MC, go with 1", larger is not better
I knew you'd chime in!
So, I am looking for the 4 bolt to match up with my 4Runner. I will check back with the seller and find out it it is 1" or 1 1/4". So thanks!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Here's a bit more for ya on MC size

86.5 - 89 Supra = 1" bore, 4 hole mount
82- 86.5 CelicaSupra = 15/16" bore, 4 hole mount
86 - 89 4runner = 13/16" bore, 4 hole mount
90-95 4runner = 1" bore, 4 hole mount
96 - ? 4runner = 1" bore, 2 hole mount - won't work
~91 - 95 MR2 = 7/8" bore, 4 hole mount

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a bit more for ya on MC size

86.5 - 89 Supra = 1" bore, 4 hole mount
82- 86.5 CelicaSupra = 15/16" bore, 4 hole mount
86 - 89 4runner = 13/16" bore, 4 hole mount
90-95 4runner = 1" bore, 4 hole mount
96 - ? 4runner = 1" bore, 2 hole mount - won't work
~91 - 95 MR2 = 7/8" bore, 4 hole mount
Thanks. I ended up with calipers, MC and booster from a 93 PU w/o ABS. I believe got the right one, based on some info i found on Pirate. Sound right?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Sounds about right - do you know if was a V6 or not? I'm not sure if V6 mattered as late as '93, but early on it did - as long as the calipers have S13WB you should be golden

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds about right - do you know if was a V6 or not? I'm not sure if V6 mattered as late as '93, but early on it did - as long as the calipers have S13WB you should be golden
Yeah, V6. I'll have to scrape all of the built up brake dust and grime to check the part number, but I think it's right!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.