TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already searched and didn't find anything. I have an 01 xcab tacoma and I've always assumed it didn't have ABS. Tacomas didn't start to come standard with ABS 'til 03, it's never engaged and I don't have an active ABS dummy light when turning the key. But the other day I found something I hadn't seen before, an ABS fuse. I can't imagine they would put in a fuse if it didn't have the brakes. Anybody? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
If you have a bunch of brake lines running to a box on the passenger side rear of the engine bay, then that is the ABS controller. Lets assume that you check and find you don't, then you are correct that you don't have ABS.

So now the posibilities are:
You have a fuse installed that does nothing.
You have a fuse installed that does something but we don't know what (didn't see anything in the schematics).
You have a fuse installed in the wrong place, it should be somewhere else (is anything else not working?)
You have a fuse that is mis-labeled.
You misinterpreted the label.

Maybe someone else who doesn't have ABS might be motivated to look at theirs, but whatever answer they come up with you still have the posibilities above.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts